Manxoks (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Manxoks are shark-like people whose skin is comprised of tiny sharp scales. Their skin ranges from black to brown to white, sometimes striped or spotted. They have serrated teeth which continually regrow if lost. Their skeletons are comprised of cartilage and, as they spend their entire lives underwater, they are exceptional swimmers.
Manxoks are vicious combatants, using their teeth as often as their finely-crafted stone and coral weapons. The unique manxok religion is bloody and merciless, and in ancient times manxoks ate their enemies' hearts to gain their power. They wear gold and coral decorations over their armor to represent their successes in battle.
Manxoks have a given forename and a clan surname.
Example Surnames: Bloodseeker, Citlalmina, Deathborn, Ehecatl, Redwater, Teoxihuitl, Tlanextli, Wrath Fang
Example Male Names: Ahuil, Iccauhtli, Icnoyo, Manau, Namacuix, Necuametl, Noctli, Tochtli, Xuicoatl
Example Female Names: Atla, Itotia, Momoztli, Olli, Tenoch, Teox, Tototl, Yaotl, Zolina
- Humanoid (Aquatic).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, manxoks have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Manxok base land speed is 30 feet. Base swim speed is 40 feet.
- Bloodscenting: Manxoks can smell spilled blood from up to 1,000 feet away when underwater.
- Gills: Manxoks evolved to breathe underwater, and when they are above water, they suffer the same suffocation risks a land-based creature does underwater.
- Lateral line: Using a unique organ, a manxok can detect vibrations and locate creatures underwater within a 30-foot radius. This ability works only when she is underwater.
- Superior Low-Light Vision: A manxok can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Natural Swimmer: A manxok has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. She can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. She can use the run action while swimming, provided she swims in a straight line.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Manxok. Bonus Languages: Goblin, Draconic, Aquan.
- Favored Class: Fighter. A multiclass manxok's fighter class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Natural Armor: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||50 years||63 years||+2d12 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4'5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|