Mandisans (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Mandisans are always expected to act royal and regal due to their lineage. The royal family of Mandisa have been Mandisans since the creation of the nation. The Mandisans are natural leaders and speakers due to this royal upbringing and strangely different appearance. Cunning and Charismatic, Mandisans tend to be a bit manipulative whether it be for good or evil.
Believed to be a blessed version of the human race, Mandisans are born with a very pale skin color and rather light colored hair. No Mandisan in the royal family has had a brown or black hair color. They tend to have eye colors that add to the mysterious features Mandisans call their own. Typical eyes colors can be gold, silver, pure white, purple, and other cool colors. Mandisans tend to be a bit shorter than the humans they are so often compared to, standing from 4'10" to 5'10 and weighing from 100 to 200 pounds. Beauty is a natural and expected trait of Mandisans and due to their royal lineage, Mandisans are often seen in the finest cloths available.
Many see Mandisans are racists due to their attempts to keep the Mandisan bloodline pure, but Mandisans have been known to treat all other races as equals despite exerting their superiority over their subjects when necessary. Mandisans are known for their intolerant views on people who have undead or demonic origins.
Almost all Mandisans are lawful, but there are always outliers. They follow the code and rule set by themselves and the Mandisans before them, whether for good or for evil. It is most important to keep respected and dignified no matter what alignment a Mandisan identifies as.
Mandisans, of course, hail from the harsh environment in the Mandisan deserts. Droughts are common in this area and the main source of water is the large salt water river traveling throughout the entire nation. Mandisan citizens have slowly accommodated themselves to the harsh climate, allowing them to live in such conditions.
Mandisans have been known for their connection to the goddess Adiel, who is said to have created the Mandisan deserts. Many citizens of Mandisa and neigboring nations believe that the royal family of Mandisans have a secret connection to the goddess. Some believe the Mandisans are even in contact with Adiel. Religion is a heavy part of society in the Mandisan deserts, but the Mandisans seem to keep their religious connections with Adiel under close guard.
Male: Amir, Caliph, Sothe, Raijin
Female: Aaliyah, Akelah, Katelyn, Priscilla
Surnames: Thehma, Khamura, Lunas
- +2 Charisma: Mandisans are known for their beauty and eloquent speech. They seem to have an easier time swaying people in their favor.
- Outsider (Native): Mandisans are a race of people that were pulled from Adiel's plane of control. Unfortunately, only a select few inhabitants of Warcaester know of the existence of multiple planes.
- Medium size.
- Mandisan base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A Mandisan can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Charm: 1/day, a Mandisan can cast Charm Person as a spell like ability. The will save to negate has a DC of 13 + the Mandisan's Cha modifier.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Sylvan, Halfling.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||70 years||90 years||+3d20|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 8"||+2d10||110 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|