Major Demon, BB Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Major Demon, BB Variant
A Major Demon, BB Variant is above average for its evolution line. Upon specific circumstances, this race can evolve into a Greater Demon, BB Variant. Two race hybrids of this race may exist. A hybrid provides all the benefits of the other race and all the benefits of this race; except, all numeric values are halved (good and bad). When evolving, this creature can never be a non-hybrid race. If some means forces this (wish spell, divine power, etc.), a creature of this race looses the benefits of its hybrid race, but does not gain the full value of a pure breed of this race.
Demons have a normal human range of personalities, for the most part. Demons however, tend to be more aggressive than humans, and act more with negative emotions than a standard human. Demons, while not ruled by the seven deadly sins, tend to indulge in these more often than otherwise. Avarice, lust, and pride tend to be the most embodied traits of Demons, as Demons who indulge in sloth, envy, or gluttony do not live very long. Wrath courses through all demons, leaving not an indulgence, but intense bouts of emotional instability against slights. Throughout a Demon's evolution, the loss of control to wrath diminishes, but the emotion itself is never destroyed.
Demons more often than not have a reddish tint to their skin. Often horns grow from the scalp of demons. Otherwise, demons appear very similar to humans (though internal infernal energy flows may make it seem that a demon possesses line based tattoos that consistently change shape.
Demons have the same range of relations to all factions, that is individually, except for Angels. Angels are always despised by a good demon. Racially, there is an aversion to Angels. Well, Angels and abominations...
Demons can be of any alignment except Good. Typically, however, they favor Evil alignments.
It has been said that there is not a land without at least one Demon. Demons are perfidious, constantly looking for new regions to corrupt and thrive. Though, originally, Demons live in infernal planes.
None. Well, religion is a strong word for it, but lower Demons often respect/fear higher Demons, oft to the point of obsequious worship.
Demons are trained to know Infernal and Common. They can learn any languages, however, and regularly are known to be fluent in all known languages, even the most rare.
- +6/+4/+2 Str/Dex/Con -0/-2/-4 Int/Wis/Cha: Minor Demons, when created, may choose to place which Stat negs/buffs in whichever categories they choose. This is limited to the -0/-2/-4 (one of each) being placed into Str/Dex/Con (one for each) and the -6/-8/-10 (one of each) being placed into Int/Wis/Cha (one for each). Upon evolution, all stats gain a +2 from a Demon (the stat distribution cannot change), for a total of +6.
- Outsider (Unholy): Major Demons are infernal outsiders.
- Size: Medium.
- A Major Demon's base land speed is 35 feet
- Weapon Proficiency: Major Demons are proficient with all martial weapons.
- Armor Proficiency: Major Demons are proficient will all light, medium, and heavy armor.
- Low-Light Vision: A Major Demon can see 40 feet in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He or she retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Darkvision: A Major Demon can see 100 feet in complete darkness. Contrary to expectations, he or she retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Knowledge: Demons gain a +5 to all Knowledge Religion checks.
- Sickened: Demons cannot be sickened.
- Unholy: All Demons may choose to make any and all of their damage of the Unholy Subtype.
- Automatic Languages: Infernal, Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: 0
- ECL: 0
A Demon is a Tier IV evolution race. As a Tier IV this race grants the following:
- 1. A +4 to Jump. The Jump skill is a considered a class skill. If already a class skill add a +1 to Jump skills.
- 2. A +4 to Intimidate. The Intimidate skill is a considered a class skill. If already a class skill add a +1 to Intimidate checks.
- 3. The Intimidate skill can be used with the Strength Modifier rather than the Charisma Modifier.
- 4. Demons have horns and possess a gore attack that deals 2d10 piercing damage at this tier.
- 5. In the morning, a Demon may choose their "size." The Major Demon is still a medium creature, but may act as if they were a creature of a different sized (for AC/Grapple/etc. but not height/weight/carry load). This may only be done once per day in the morning. Sizes currently available: Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Huge.
- 6. Demons negate 55% of Unholy Damage, and take an additional 125% Holy Damage.
- 7. Immunity to Energy/Ability Drain/Damage.
- 8. Immunity to Transmutation (petrification/polymorph).
- 9. Immunity to Non-magical disease and Resist 10 of either electicity/cold/acid.
- 10. Immunity to Mental Effects.
Starting Age: Demons are biologically immortal. At the age of about 1, a Demon is fully grown. Demons of any age can be at any tier, theoretically.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 4"||+1d8||25 lb.||× (4d3) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d12||20 lb.||× (4d3) lb.|