Magneti (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Magneti are a sub-type of human who retreated into an expansive system of caverns, and spend their days hunting much larger creatures in groups. They have an affinity for combat, and tend to take action over conversation when the opportunity arises. Both males and females of this race are equally impetuous and daring. They pride themselves on keeping fit bodies and sharp minds, and have a healthy respect for others who do likewise. Once a month, all the most practiced hunters will gather to slay a massive creature, which will provide food at a communal celebration involving music and dancing. Their naturally magnetic bodies give them an affinity for metals and, by association, minerals.
Built like humans, Magneti tend to be slightly taller and more muscular than their overground counterparts. With large, fully black eyes and gun-metal grey skin, they are immediately distinguishable from other humanoid races. Fairer in appearance than Orcs and their half-cousins, they are almost never confused with other species of the world.
Generally keeping to their own society, the Magneti have never before encountered any society but the Drow and various subterranean dwellers such as Cloakers and Delvers. They give other societies a chance to prove themselves. As such, the behavior of the Drow have made enemies of the Magneti.
Any neutral, usually non-evil.
Magneti are at home in caverns that honeycomb wildly and rampantly underground, and build their cities at the heart of such natural constructs. Their home city, the Everdeep, is a massive roofed chasm that is fourty feet across at the narrowest point and eighty-seven feet across at the widest, with terraces built along the walls which are connected by the tunnels that weave to and hither, as well as natural stone bridges that span the breach. Despite their Darkvision, all frequently-used residential coves/terraces, bridges, and tunnels are lined with natural mineral desposits that glow a bright, yet soft blue.
The Magneti worship a deity of the world's depths, who they know only as the WorldHeart. A Neutral deity, Gyellghron only works to keep his underground dominion from unravelling and rarely interposes in the affairs of lesser beings. His Domains are Earth, Luck, Protection, and Strength. His Clerics (who number very few) preach balance in all things.
Magneti speak Terran and Undercommon due to both their lives underground amongst the subterranian dwellers and their early dealings with the Drow. Due to the occasional adventurer leaving home, some Magneti (although very rarely) pick up other languages from other surrounding friendly locations.
Magneti family names come first, as a sign of respect to forebears, and tend to be monosyllabic. Examples include: Hraa, Kri, Lua, Sii, Yio. Given names are typically given by the oldest member of the family in a direct line after a Magneton hits adulthood, and each syllable has a meaning that defines the life of the new adult in succint summary. Until then, a Magneton child is known by the first object he or she attracts with their magnetic abilities. An adult Magneton may still be called by his childhood name by relatives, regardless of his age.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, −2 Wisdom: The demanding underground life of the Magneti has resulted in physically hardy bodies, and though Magneti are very outgoing, their choice of homeland has resulted in extremely limited outside communication and leaves them with limited understanding of the outside world.
- Humanoid (Earthen): Descended from Humans, the composition of the Magneti has become slightly more metallic, resulting in a human who seems more forged than born.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Magneti have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Magneti base land speed is 30 feet. Magneti can only run at x3 movement speed.
- Darkvision 60ft.(Ex): Magneti can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal light, and magneti can function just fine with no light at all.
- Magnetic Bond (Ex): Magneti get a +5 bonus that stacks with other effects against disarm attempts when the object an opponent is attempting to remove is magnetized.
- Magnetize (Ex): Any object capable of being magnetized becomes minorly so within five feet of a Magneton.
- Spell-Like Ability: 2/day—Channel Magnetism (pull any Magnetized object to player at 20 feet or less). Caster level is Magneton's class levels. The save DC is 10 + Magneton's Cha modifier + spell level.
- Automatic Languages: Terran, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Common, Dwarf, Giant, Gnome.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|90 years||125 years||145 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'1"||+2d12||140lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4'8"||+2d12||115 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|