Mage-Blood (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A Mage-Blood is a human that is born with magic in their veins. Sometimes known from birth (Usually with the +2 Charisma) that gives them more power to what they say or from later in life (Usually with the +2 Intelligence) that gives the Mage-Blood confidence that what they know is correct.
A Mage-Blood is a human, but there are a few differences. A Mage-Blood cannot normally hide their alignment normally (if the observer knows of Mage-Blood physiology). The Mage-Blood has red eyes if Evil, Green eyes if Neutral, and Blue eyes if Good. All these colors are in varying shades, but they all glow slightly.
A Mage-Blood gets along well with spellcasters and psionic users especially well, but look down slightly on non-magic/psionic races and classes.
Most end up Chaotic due to growing up with power, but that is not always the case
A Mage-Blood can live anywhere they wish, and is accepted a bit more readily by elves than a normal human.
Generally, a Mage-Blood doesn't worship any gods, but some worship a god of Magic, at times worshiping a dragon god
As Humans. Sometimes a Mage-Blood will add a title to their name as a symbol of how they use their magic.
- +2 Intelligence OR +2 Charisma, -1 Constitution, -1 Strength: A Mage-Blood either tries to understand magic or loves the feeling magic gives them. They tend to be a little more frail than the average human, however.
- Medium: No size based bonuses or negatives
- Mage Blood base land speed is 30 feet
- Natural Magic (Ex): A Mage-Blood chooses 2 level 0 spells from the Wizard spell list (If Intelligence is chosen for the stat improvement) or the Sorcerer spell list (If Charisma is chosen for the stat improvement. A Mage-Blood may cast spells 3/day using half their character level (Round down, minimum of 1) as their caster level.
- More Power! (Ex): A Mage-Blood may regain 3 spell uses per day to be used for the spells chosen by Natural Magic as if resting for 8 hours once a day.
- Extra feat: As a human, a Mage-Blood also gets an extra feat at 1st level. A Mage-Blood does not get any extra skill point.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any, besides secret and ancient languages.
- Favored Class: Any.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||70 years||100 years||+20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+3d4||120 lb.||× (6d8) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d6||90 lb.||× (6d6) lb.|