Lesser Dragons, Lunar (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Lunar Lesser Dragons
Lunar Lesser Dragons (AKA Lunar Tiismaran) are rare, and are a subspecies of the Lesser Dragon Type. Lunar Lesser Dragons have psionic energy in the smooth round crystals located in a linear pattern down both sides of their tail. These crystals also illuminate in the moonlight, making them look like 'diamonds in the night sky.' Lunar Lesser Dragons, like their more often seen cousins the Lesser Dragons, are not actually related to dragons and do not possess the ability to breath an element or grow extremely large ( moreover, Dragons are carnivores while Lunar Lesser Dragons are omnivores ).
Lunar Lesser Dragons are rarely seen during the day, both because they are nocturnal and because they tend to keep away from urban areas. Lunar Lesser Dragons like to show off the crystals down their tails and will often perform in old forests near paths to fascinate people passing by. Lunar Lesser Dragons are also quite reclusive, living in their own communities in deep forests or in mountainous regions. They are known for their general friendliness to outsiders and will treat their own well, but quite often it is the other person which starts the interaction, due to a long history of both tribal and psionic-using races hunting them for the crystals found in their scales. Lunar Lesser Dragons rarely start fights and will sometimes resort to their speed and dexterity to escape the target. The lone Lunar Lesser Dragon is uncommon but not unseen; it is known for Lunar Lesser Dragons to travel in groups of at least 3 for safety.
Lunar Lesser Dragons are quadrupeds with pure black scales and wings. All Lunar Lesser Dragons have a head, a tail, a pair of wings and a body with two back legs and two front arms which can also act as legs. Lunar Lesser Dragons have round, illuminated, bright blue crystals in their scales, located along their tail at regular intervals. Their eyes always slightly glow blue, although the iris ( the part which gives the colour of the eye ) can be blue, green, yellow, or grey. They also have a light grey horns, which can be used for defense, as well as short spikes running down their spine to the tip of the tail. The Lunar Lesser Dragon's tail has a short sharp crystal tip which can be used for defense when attacked. Lunar Lesser Dragons generally grow to be around 7 foot long, with females being slightly longer than males.
Lunar Lesser Dragons are the sort who do not talk to strangers unless the stranger talks first, but will be generally mutual and will rarely cause a fight with other races, they are iffy around races of a barbaric nature due to a known history of being hunted for there crystals for both ceremonies and for selling. Overall they are not a well-known race but are quite likable and can make decent companions and fellow adventurers.
Lunar Lesser tend to stick around the Neutral alignments, most commonly Neutral Good, although it is possible for a Lunar Lesser Dragon to be any alignment given previous circumstances.
Lunar Lesser Dragons are rarely found in urban and populated areas, they are known for building their own communities in high or unreachable places such as deep forests or mountainous regions.
It is rare for a Lunar Lesser Dragon to worship a deity, often only worshiping a deity as a part of their class.
Lunar Lesser Dragons will be taught Common and Tiismaran from a young age, with their first bonus language always being Draconic. Smarter Lunar Lesser Dragons can go on to learn other languages such as Dwarven, Elven, Sylvan and Celestial.
Lunar Lesser Dragons often choose names of a Tiismaran background, often relating to an object or noun. such as Night, Luna, Flow, Whip, Nightingale or Sapphira.
- -2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, +2 Charisma. Lunar Lesser Dragons are nimble but lack in strength and constitution due to their light build. Lesser Dragons have also learnt to be vigilent at all times. Lunar Lesser Dragons will use their crystals to fascinate and charm people.
- Medium size ( this race gains no bonuses from there size )
- Lesser Dragons base land speed is 35 feet on foot. Flight speed is and 60 ft. (good maneuverability) They gain Perfect maneuverability at level 10.
- Vision: Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
- Flight Reflex (Ex): Whilst flying, lesser dragons gain a +2 racial bonus to reflex saves.
- Sleep Immunity: Immunity to magic sleep effects and paralysis effects.
- Flawed Wielding: Take a -4 penalty to attack with two-handed weapons and -4 per an attack while using Two-Weapon Fighting with additional to the normal penalties (if apply). ( does not apply whilst using ranged weapons whilst flying ).
- Skill bonuses: Smooth scales grant a +2 racial bonus to Swim, Jump and Climb checks; Tail grants a +2 racial bonus to Balance checks.
- Natural Armor: +1 natural armour.
- Dazed: Lunar Lesser Dragons are Dazzled by Sunlight, take a -1 to all spot and search checks and attack rolls.
- Illuminate crystals: the Crystals shine in the moonlight, giving a racial bonus of -2 to hide checks, however, they also gain a +2 to perform (Act) and Perform (Dance). The Crystals also provide 10 feet of dim light around the Lunar Lesser Dragon whilst in the moonlight.
- naturally psionic: Lunar Lesser Dragons gain 2 additional power points at first level.
- * Psi-Like Ability: 3/day—Glow. A Lunar Lesser Dragon can use a power point to make the crystals in there scales glow, giving a radius of bright light up to 30 feet, and then a dim light up to 60 ft(for example, a dromite who has resistance to cold 5 deals cold damage with its energy ray). Manifester level is equal to 1/2 Hit Dice (minimum 1st). The save DC is Charisma-based.
- weapon proficiency: Lesser Dragons are proficient with Natural Weapons
- Spiky Spine: Enemies grappling a lesser dragon must pass a DC 12*Fortitude save or take 1d4 bludgeoning damage.
- Natural Armor: +1 natural armour.
- Natural Weapons: Primary natural weapon is a bite (1d6). Secondary natural weapons are 2 claws (1d4), 1 spaded tail (1d6), and 1 gore (1d4).
- Horn Strike(sp): On a successful bull rush, a lesser dragon automatically deals its gore damage.
- hold breath: A Lesser Dragon has the ability to hold its breath for 2D4 round before suffocating
- Quadruped: Armour must be specially made to fit a lesser dragon, at x2 cost.
- Fear of barbaric races(sp): Lesser Dragons are shaken if they are within 30 ft. of a barbaric race.
- Automatic Languages: Tiismireic, Common. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Dwarfen, Halfling, Celestial, Aquan.
- Favored Class: Psion
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|150 years||275 years||400 years||+10D20 years|
|Gender||Base Length||Length Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5"8' inches||+ 2D12||240 lb.||+ 5D10 lb.|
|Female||5"10' inches||+ 2D12||250 lb.||+ 5D10 lb.|
note: most Lesser Dragons stand 3" tall, to calculate do this equation (2'10" + (D8 -0'4"))