Laughing Gnoll (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Laughing Gnolls tend to be calm and blunt creatures. They value honer and honesty above trickery. They also tend to value physical stamina over brute strength, though they still enjoy pranks and other harmless jokes.
Laughing Gnolls stand between 5 to 6 feet tall on average, and normally weigh between 130 to 200 pounds. Their jaws are less muscled then their larger cousins, making biting ineffective. Their fur is also shorter, and it's color can range in blacks, reds, yellows, browns, and whites, usually with spots and their mains in a darker shade.
Laughing Gnolls tend to make peace with their neighbors. They often try to form aliances with any neighboring elves, gnomes, or dwarfs.
Laughing Gnolls tend to settle near forests, building villages with walls around them. The few villages in deserts are usually built in oasis's and serve as places of rest and safety to traveling caravans.
Laughing Gnolls favor Ehlonna, as their lore says that she remade them from their evil cousins.
Gnoll and Common
Laughing Gnolls receive their names from their parents, and tend to translate into something that sounds bad, such as their word for "Fish gut"
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma.: Laughing Gnolls are hardy, but not the most socially tactful.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Size Medium : No size related bonus.
- Laughing Gnolls base land speed is 30 feet:
- Acute Sense of Smell: a Laughing Gnoll's acute sence of smell works like the scent ability, but without the automatic nature of scent. A Laughing Gnoll can use it's nose to locate and identify familiar races or creatures, and aid in tracking.
- Laughing Gnolls have Low Light Vision
- Racial Skill Bonus: Laughing Gnolls gain +2 to Listen and Survival.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gnoll. Bonus Languages: Orc, Goblin, Elvin, Draconic, Drwarven, Gnome.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 0"||+1d12||130 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||5' 1"||+1d12||130 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|