Lamiae (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Their personalities vary as much as humans, though they tend to be a little melancholy when in a civilized area, mostly due to the ridicule they get, also just a word of warning, don't piss one off they hold grudges for a VERY long time, and some of the more vain ones are easily flattered, and easier still offended. On occasion you'll run into one that actually fits the assumptions people make about them. and be wary of full moons because they are more prone to be impulsive then of all times.
from the waist up they are humanoid in appearance and use medium size weapons, typically with human or elf features, and can encompass all the variations therein, except that they have elongated tongues, slit pupils, sharp fangs, and serpentine tails rather than legs, their lower body can have any scale pattern, and ranges in colors as diverse as there are shades and hue, they reach maturity at the age of 18 and can live to be around 800 years old, they can grow anywhere between 11' and 15'6" long and between 800-1,000 pounds.
Lamiae are feared and shunned because of their appearance, sometimes they are even outright attacked by Humanoid races, often their appearance leads people to believe that they are evil by nature, though not all are, in fact it is rather rare.
any, though commonly forests, marshes, and waterfalls
any and all
Common Sylvan and Draconic
typically a Lamia's name consists of lots of extended s sounds and i's however more and more are taking human names.
- +4 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Dexterity, -4 Charisma: due to their appearance they are shunned, though this caused them to develop other bonuses.
- Monstrous Humanoid.
- Large: 2 levels of monstrous humanoid Hit Die.
- Lamiae base land speed is 30 feet: swim speed is 30 feet
- Bite(sp): Deals 1d4/HD poison damage.
- Constrict(sp): works as a grapple attack dealing 1d8/HD damage each round the creature is grappled.
- Spell-Like Ability: at-will; Suggestion. Caster level is determined by HD. The save DC is will based.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic, Sylvan Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnomish, Orcish, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Giant, Elven
- Favored Class: none
- Level Adjustment: +2