Lamia (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Humanoid creatures that lack legs, instead having a serpent's tail.
The personality of a Lamia varies heavily depending on how they are brought up; while most are rather calm, collected and mischievous, there are some who are rather manipulative, callous and deceptive.
The upper body of a Lamia resembles that of an elf, with sharpened facial features and pointed ears. They also tend to be quite slender, with almost flawless skin and an unimaginable amount of beauty. Their lower body, as in everything below the waist, turns into something quite horrifying; a serpents tail replaces their legs, running as short as ten feet, although many are much longer.
Their race is very tribal; as such, their relations with other races depend on where their tribe is based. However, the general consensus is that Elves are their ancestors; somewhere up the tree sits an elf. Without elves, Lamia would not exist, so almost every tribe you would come across get along well with Elves of all kinds, even Drow. Lamia also tend to get along with other reptilian races; this includes Dragons.
Lamia tend to lean towards the more Chaotic side of alignments; they do as they please, whether this helps someone else, it helps themselves or it amuses them is up to debate.
This race tends to live in mountainous regions, however they are also known to live near streams and rivers, as well as in underground caverns, including the Underdark.
Lamia are not a religious people; you will not often find a Lamia following a human or elvish deity.
Lamia can speak Common and Elvish fluently as well as their own language called 'Serskrit'. Serskrit is a derivative of Draconic, so Lamia find it rather easy to pick up the complicated language. Lamia from the Underdark can speak Undercommon fluently, but they forsake Common, as they don't go to the surface often enough to need it.
- Male - Thanitos, Zekros, Kero
- Female - Silisia, Euthasae, Sayathe
- +2 Strength, +6 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma; Lamia, despite their appearance, are extremely fast and strong. Their old age gives them the chance to grow very wise.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Large Size Category
- A Lamia's base land speed is 40 feet: Swim speed is 40 feet
- Aura of Guile - People around Lamia tend to find themselves more gullible; -1 to saving throws against Lamia's Bluff, Intimidate and Disguise checks.
- Hardened Scales - At second level and every other level afterwards, Lamia gain a +1 to their Natural Armor bonus.
- +2 Bonus to Swim and Tumble Checks
- +1 Bonus to Spot, Search and Survival Checks
- -2 Penalty to Jump Checks - Lamia may be able to 'spring' into position, but their jumping ability is not the best.
- Resist Charms - A Lamia has advantage against Charisma based effects such as Charm Person, Fear, etc...
- Automatic Languages: Elvish and Serskrit. Common of from the overworld, Undercommon if from the Underdark. Bonus Languages: If Int bonus equals one, add Draconic to your Language pool. Add any language other than secretive languages for every point afterwards.
- Favored Class: Rogue or Beguiler
|16 years||+2d6||+4d6 -->||+8d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||110 years||150 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||11' 2"||+3d8||700 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||10' 6"||+3d6||650 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|