Lacer, Free (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Free Lacers are a highly varied sort, coming in all types. A great deal of their personality depends on upbringing and personal experience rather than racial disposition.
Free Lacers stand 5 to 7 feet tall and look a great deal more like dragons than other, more mundane lizard replicant Lacers, the skull shape most resembles a bronze dragon, but can vary to look like brass, copper or red. The most common theme being the frills swooping back from either side of the face and often, especially among males, two horns arching out of the back of the skull. Their skin is most akin to a brown dragon, more leathery than scaly and the color ranges the full spectrum of draconic colors with more in the earth tones than any other. Similarly, thier eyes range the full spectrum of dracnic eye color and have no pupils by the time they reach adulthood. Their tails look most like a white dragon's tail or a crocodile and varies in length from 4 to 6 feet long.
Free Lacers wide rage of potential personality traits and lack of organized culture make it diffucult to generalize race-wide relations, however most other species react to Free Lacer as they would half dragons or Lizardfolk.
As they do not have a natural culture to call their own and to relay upon them its morals, Free Lacer can be any alignment depending on their background.
All Lacer are the scattered relatives of the neutral dragons, but Free Lacer were never bound to one particular place or type of dragon and form a more general Lacer. These are perhaps the rarest kind of Lacer as most integrated into other civilizations and faded into obscurity. The few Free Lacer left are wanderers and have no homeland to call their own.
Free Lacer can be of any faith just as they can be of any alignment.
All Free Lacer know Common and most speak Draconic, but they can learn any language.
Free Lacer names vary greatly depending on where they are from, but a large portion are draconic in origin.
The Free Lacer have the following racial traits:
- Abilites: +4 Strength, +2 Con, +2 Int, -4 Wisdom -4 Charisma -2 Dex
- Type: Humanoid (Reptilian, Dragon Blooded(Races of the Dragon))
- Size: Medium
- Speed: Base land speed is 30 feet flight of 30 feet
- Natural armor Natural armor +5
- Race Hd Free Lance begins with two levels of draconic humanoid, which provide 2d10 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +2, Ref +2, and Will +4
- Speacial Abilities: Gain immunity (based on dragon color) and breath weapon (3d8, Con mod per encounter) level ups every other level 1d8.
- Feats: All Lacers are considered eligible races for applicable dragonkin, animal and lizardfolk specific feats. Free Lacer get one bonus feat of their choice and one of the following: Swamp Born, Tooth and Nail, Dragon Wings, Dragon Tail, Dragonwrought, Magical Heritage, Endurance.
- Feats: Free Lancers also gain a extra feat.
- Attacks Free Lacer have a Natural attack 1d10 Bite, and a tail attack 1d6
- Awkward Build: Due to their tails and more lizard-shaped bodies, Lacers must have armor custom made at an increased cost of 50% (including the cost of masterwork armor.) Do note that this is voided in a kobold town.
- Weakness Cold Is vunerable to cold attacks, take double damage.
- Languages: Common, Draconic Bonus languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Warrior/Fighter
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|70 years||120 years||200 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2'||+3d12||25 lb.||× (2d3) lb.|
|Female||2'||+3d10||20 lb.||× (2d3) lb.|