Kurin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Kurins are surprisingly passive unless provoked. Kurins are well... Gnolls, unlike gnolls they do not live in packs and live a very nomadic life. If a kurin encounters another creature it will tend to keep its distance, hidden is possible.
Tall, lean and muscular. Kurins are a genetic advancement of gnolls. Massive in size, mean, and unfathomably fluffy. The thick layer of fur help maintains a comfortable temperature in the cold underground or warm in the summer plains. The kurins adapted hyper-sensitive feelers on the back of their neck, allowing for surreal perception. The feelers can be easily overloaded by loud noises such as clapping or churchbells.
Kurins are often mistaken for some "Golem-like" Creatures. Kurins very rarely integrate with other societies other than other gnoll societies, when a kurin integrates with another gnoll societies they normally live an "Alpha" warrior kind of life. Kurin offspring normally defaults to basic gnolls. If in the event the parent gives birth to another kurin the child is normally exiled out of the tribe to prevent any 'challengers'. It isn't uncommon for other races to commence raids on Gnoll tribes that have a kurin in it or even to attack and attempt to kill kurins on site due to the threat they can pose. Some communities may even adapt 'kurin hunts', with specialists who carry bells on them and aim to forcefully remove the helmets off of the kurin so the sound of the bells will stun him. These hunts often leave the kurins numbers near extinction. This makes their fur extremely valuable, more so if captured alive for slavers.
Evil, Neutral Evil, Neutral
Kurins follow old gods.
Ut Deadwatch, Kukk Farknok, Ianokx Farblast
- Demonic (Humanoid): Despite being a demon, they cannot summon others and only speak telepathically to other creatures that can also speak telepathically.
- Large: Size chart
- Kurins base land speed is 30 feet
- Hypersensitive Feelers: The kurins have a mutation of hypersensitive feelers. This grants the Kurin Blindsight up to 60ft and Tremorsense up to 30ft. If a loud noise is made (such as a whistle or a bell) the kurin will be Stunned. This can be negated with a heavy helmet.
- Gnoll Scourge: Creatures tend not to like gnolls. Humanoid creatures that see you will start off Unfriendly to you.
- Fortress: Do-to the special requirements of the gnoll, They need to custom armor to fit them. This will cause armor prices to double. If a full set of custom made armor is equipped, AC Values are doubled, no armor penalties are applied for heavy armor.
- "Gnoll Noises": The Kurin releases a keckle, any creature capable of hearing this must make a will save or become Shaken.
- Automatic Languages: Infernal, Kurinese (Gnoll), Common Bonus Languages: None.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: -
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||14’ 6”||+1d4||520 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||12’ 6”||+1d4||506 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races [[Category:<!-race's type-> Type]] [[Category:<!-race's subtype; or remove line-> Subtype]] [[Category:<!-race's size-> Size]] [[Category:LA<!-#->]] [[Category:ECL<!-#->]]