Kitsune, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Kitsune are very perky and charming, however they often have devilish tricks up their sleeve as well. They enjoy good fun every now and again but they are not above getting into a fight if the situation demands it. A Kitsune will often stick close with friends that they know they can trust, and if they have none will most always hide the fact they are Kitsune until they find that they can trust someone. Nevertheless a Kitsune is a good friend and a frightening foe.
Kitsune in their natural form will look to others as a regular human would. That is if a regular human could have multiple fox tails and ears. A kitsune is fairly smaller that the average human and are slightly weaker. There eye and hair color vary just as much as a humans would except they can also have white hair and fur(snow fox). The tails each can be anywhere small of a foot, to large of 3ft length each. The ears sit slightly on the side where human ears would go, and because of this they may still wear most hats, just not helmets. Overall, a human with ears and tails.
Many races get along well with Kitsune's as they have no direct enemies. They will often get into friendly/aggressive debates/fights with canine and canine humanoid but they are treated well as companions. However some dislike Kitsunes since they are also known as very good liars and thieves. This may ruin their reputation slightly but most communities welcome them nonetheless.
A Kitsune can be of any alignment. Most however are very playful and deceitful so they are mainly of the chaotic alignment. Their views of the world differ just as much as others so there is no favorite when it comes to good, neutral, and evil. However they still choose chaotic over neutral or lawful most times.
Kitsune are wanders mostly, as such they have no lands. Nor do they have true territory. Some Kitsune will grow powerful and erect a shrine for them to live at away from society. Most any Kitsune can enter these "holy grounds", however others may enter so long as they "pay" respect. A Kitsune's life is normally one of tales of adventures, so a true home is normally a group rather than a place.
Kitsune treat religion equally just like most humans. Though some have a very deep want to get closer to the gods, most gods will see Kitsune as too troublesome. Most religions that use divine find the Kitsune to be far too chaotic to the church, and although they do not mind their presence. They will often not like the Kitsune under the assumption that they are lying.
Kitsune speak common and Sylvan. If the character has a positive Intelligence modifier then they may choose from: Elven, Infernal, Celestial, Draconic and Abyssal.
Most kitsune names are derived ether from their birthplace or a relative. Because of that knowing there name also means you have gained their trust because you can potentially know about there life and birth.
- +4 dex, +2 charisma: Kitsune are very agile and charming, however their muscle build is not as high as others.
- Monstrous Humanoid(shape shifter): As monstrous humanoids, Kitsune are immune to spells that affect only humanoids. They also get the shape shifter subtype.
- +2 bluff, +2 Diplomacy
- Medium Size: No bonus or penalty
- Kitsune base land speed is 30 feet: 40ft in fox form
- Low-light Vision: A kitsune can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination.
- Scent: Kitsune are able to detect approaching enemies, sniff out hidden foes, and track by sense of smell. Kitsune can detect opponents within 30 feet by sense of smell. When a kitsune detects a scent, the exact location of the source is not revealed - only its presence somewhere within range. Kitsune with the Track feat and scent ability can follow tracks by smell, making a Wisdom (or Survival) check to find or follow a track.
- Agile (Ex) Kitsune receive a +2 racial bonus on Tumble, Jump and Balance checks.
- Kitsune Magic (Ex): Kitsune add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against enchantment spells that they cast. Kitsune with a Charisma score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like ability: 3/day—dancing lights 3/day—Prestidigitation (caster level equals the kitsune's level)
- Fox Form (Su): A Kitsune can transform into the shape of a small fox. This ability is supernatural so it can be disrupted by certain spells. If a Kitsune's Fox Form is disrupted in this way they will return to their natural form, if there is no space they will stay in fox form and take 1d6 damage every turn until they get to a big enough space to transform back. The Kitsune fox form is a small category creature.
- Change Shape (Su) A kitsune can assume the appearance of a specific single human form of the same sex. The kitsune always takes this specific form when she uses this ability. A kitsune in human form cannot use her bite attack, but gains a +10 racial bonus on Disguise checks made to appear human. Changing shape is a standard action. This ability otherwise functions as alter self, except that the kitsune does not adjust her ability scores and can remain in this form indefinitely.
- Magic Tails (Ex): The kitsune is a wellspring of magical energy that manifests as additional tails. The kitsune gains Magical Tail as a bonus feat at 1st level. In addition, he adds Magical Tail to all class lists of bonus feats as initial feat choices for those lists, including all ranger combat styles and all sorcerer bloodlines. For example, a monk can select Magical Tail when he gains his first bonus feat at 1st level while a ranger can select it when he gains his first combat style feat at 2nd level. Additionally, the kitsune treats Magical Tail as all types of feats (except teamwork) when determining which feats he can select with a class's bonus feats feature. A kitsune with this racial trait cannot select Magical Tail as a class bonus feat and as a feat from character advancement during the same level.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Infernal, Celestial, Draconic and Abyssal
- Favored Class: Sorcerer, Rogue.
|16 years||+1d10||+3d10||+5d10 -->|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|500 years||2000 years||7000 years||∞ years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'||+2d4"||70 lb.||+3d10 lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d4"||60 lb.||+3d10 lb.|