Kithril (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
There are many stories on how the Kithril came to be, some say they are the children of humans and elementals, others think they are just an ancient race that humans actually come from. The truth of their origins is a wizard was seeing if he could make the perfect race between humans, and elementals, This wizard was a man who went by the name Kithril. His experiments lived a short life, till one day the spells worked, so well they actually started populating the world, they soon called their own race after their creator, and thus the Kithril race was born.
Kithril act almost exactly like humans do, though depending on the surrounding terrain, and weather. For example, if the terrain was ice they would be more calm than normal, or if there was a bad storm they would either be more rash or confident depending on the storm.
Kithril are human looking down to the bone, but there is still a huge difference between them and humans, they may look humanoid, but they start to match the surrounding terrain. For example if the terrain was a desert their skin would change a little making them look a little red, as a "human" they just look sunburned, their eyes turn to a gold or yellow, and their hair becomes a sandy color. If in a forest their skin would stay the same, but eyes would turn green, or sometimes a vibrant color matching flowers on the ground, as their hair would turn a deep forest green, or brown matching the bark on trees. In an ice terrain, their skin becomes pale, eyes become a bright crystal blue, and their hair becomes white as the snow. If they are in a city that doesn't have a major terrain, their skin can be normal to any human skin, eyes can very to normal eye colors, and some rare ones, such as orange, purple, and so on, their hair can be any normal human color, and rare cases of deep blue, royal purple, and a mint green.
Kithril when in cities that have no major terrain, are treated as any other human would be, though all elementals can tell that they are part elements themselves, and often try to see who, or what they are. Sometimes this leads into battles for not many people like being followed, especially by an elemental you didn't summon. When in major terrains, they are treated differently, by humans think they are an abomination, to elves they are treated with up most respect for they understand the power of an elemental, though the Kithril are not elementals themselves, the orcs and dwarfs, and all the other races, they seem to not care, and only treat them on their own personal belief.
Kithril can be any alignment, though with the different terrains making them change, they tend to stay any neutral.
Kithril feel comfortable in any environment, though they might change on their surroundings, it doesn't effect how they want to live their life.
Kithril can worship who ever they want, but ones fascinated by their elemental half either worship Boccob or any gods that are of the domains of the elements.
Kithril speak common, and any other language they pick up in their lifetime.
Kithril are commonly named like humans.
- Medium: A Kithril gains no special bonuses for being a Medium creature.
- Kithril base land speed is 30 feet.
- Kithril at an ECL of 8 takes half damage from all element based spells and spell-like-abilities, following at level 16 they take no damage from elemental spells and spell-like-abilities (Death effects and Sonic not included in the elements they can resist) At ECL of 25 they can start taking half dame of element spells to their health as if they were being healed, though this is no different, the spell has to align itself with the terrain to do so
- Kithril at ECL can cast 2 level 0 spells that deal with the elements, Sonic not included. If they were a spell caster these spells do not take up a spell slot. at ECL of 20 they can cast 1 level 3 spell, and 2 level 2 spells that deals with the elements, Sonic not included. This level 3 spell and 2 level 2 spells do not take a spell slot. The spells the Kithril takes for this can not be changed and their for they must choose wisely.
- Kithril get +2 to survival when in a major terrain.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +2.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|