Kelvezu (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This is a 3.5 update of the monster as presented in the Monster Manual II. Please see the original entry for their description and other details. A level adjustment of +8 was calculated after extensive playtesting, giving them an ECL of 20. A few minor changes to the original entry, most notably the inclusion of a bonus feat and adaptation, were added in the update as they fit with the race's concept.
- Type: Kelvezu are outsiders with the [Chaotic] and [Evil] subtypes.
- +10 Strength, +20 Dexterity, +6 Constitution, +6 Intelligence, +6 Wisdom, +6 Charisma.
- Medium size.
- A kelvezu's base land speed is 30 feet, and it has a fly speed of 60 feet (good).
- Racial Hit Dice: A kelvezu begins with twelve levels of outsider, which provides 12d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +12, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +8, Ref +8, and Will +8.
- Racial Skills: A kelvezu's outsider levels give it skill points equal to 15 x (8 + Int modifier). All sklils are its class skills. A kelvezu has a +8 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently.
- Racial Feats: A kelvezu's outsider levels give it five feats, plus Dark Speech and Urban Tracking bonus feats.
- +15 natural armor bonus.
- Special Attacks: Poison, sneak attack (as rogue of equal total hit dice), spell-like abilities.
- Special Qualities: Damage reduction 20/good and cold iron, enhanced detection, evasion, improved uncanny dodge, outsider traits, rogue special abilities (one at 15 HD and again every five HD thereafter), spell resistance 14 + class levels, tanar'ri traits, uncanny dodge.
- Automatic Languages: Abyssal, Common. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Auran, Celestial, Draconic, Ignan, Infernal, Sylvan, Terran, and Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Rogue. Kelvezu also automatically qualify for the assassin prestige class.
- Level Adjustment: +8.
Special Abilities & Qualities
- Enhanced Detection (Su): In addition to its regular senses, a kelvezu perceives foes through detect magic and see invisibility effects (caster level 6 + total hit dice) that are always active.
- Poison (Ex): When its hands are bare, a kelvezu continually coats its weapons with an injury poison (Fortitude save DC 7 + total hit dice) produced from its fingertips. The initial and secondary damage is the same (1d6 points of Constitution damage). Kelvezu poison is highly perishable, becoming inert 1 minute after its application.
- Spell-Like Abilities: At will — deeper darkness, desecrate, detect good, detect law, greater dispel magic, greater invisibility (self only), greater plane shift (self only), greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only), read magic, suggestion, tongues (self only), unhallow. Caster Level: 6 + Hit Dice; save DC 10 + 1/2 hit dice + spell level.
- Summon Tanar'ri (Sp): Once per day, a kelvezu can attempt to summon another kelvezu with a 25% chance of success.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- When an outsider is slain, no soul is set loose. Spells that restore souls to their bodies, such as raise dead, reincarnate, and resurrection, don’t work on an outsider. It takes a different magical effect, such as limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection to restore it to life.
- Proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and any type of armor listed in their description. If they are proficient with any type of armor, they are also proficient with shields.
- Outsiders breathe, but do not need to eat or sleep (but can if they wish).
- Immunity to electricity and poison.
- Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.
- Telepathy 100 feet.
- Some kelvezu were bred to engage enemies on Arborea, the Happy Hunting Grounds, and other wilderness locations. Instead of sneak attack damage, they do skirmish damage as a scout of their equivalent hit dice. They gain Track as a bonus feat in place of Urban Tracking, and Scout is their favored class.