Karokei (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Karokei are a half-breed race between the Kyoku, and the Karei.
Like many other attributes of the Karokei race, the general personality of the Karokei is a combination of their parents' attitudes, and outlooks. A karokei will generally have the witty, good-natured attitude of her mother, making her likeable in social circumstances. This can sometimes work against a Karokei as the female Karokei usually seek the attention and flattery of others, which can make keeping a low profile hard for them. The Karokei also usually inherit the sanctimonious outlook of their father which is usually tempered by the easy-going attitude of the mother resulting in a confident attitude. This confident attitude allows the Karokei to inspire followers, and friends. A strange disadvantage that is common among male Karokei is that they are very sexual. They can be distracted easily by beautiful women (or men if homosexual), and are mentally incapable to resist sex when offered. Another disadvantage of the Karokei that is less common is that they can fall madly in love with one individual, causing them too obsess over that person. Ironically, becoming love sick in this way is the only way a male Karokei afflicted with their sexual disadvantage can keep themselves from being distracted by beauty, and compulsive sex. (Unless the person they're in love with is trying to distract them)
A Karokei generally has similar physical attributes as her parents.The Karokei are almost always born handsome or beautiful, but not as beautiful as their Karei mothers, and usually more handsome than their Kyoku fathers. The Karokei will always inherit the perfect black skin of their fathers, but the skin of the female Karokei usually has a sort of shiny look to it. A Karokei's height is usually around five, and a half feet tall, but a Karokei can be taller or shorter depending on which parent they take after. A Karokei's body is usually thin, taking after their Kyoku fathers, but their facial features almost always express their mother's beauty over their father's sleek facial features. A Karokei will always inherit the fore-head horn of their Kyoku fathers, but they will have the shoulder protuberances about as often as not. A Karokei can have all of the hair colors that a Karei can have. A Karokei's eyes are an interesting combination of their parents' eyes. Their eyes are only sclera, and iris. The colors of the sclera and iris always complement each other, making Karokei eyes exceptionally beautiful. Also, these irises do not have rigid borders, the edges of the irises are where the colors merge, creating many hues between the iris and the rest of the eye. The ears of the Karokei are usually pointed like their father's ears, and have the same potential to slope up and down. The female Karokei almost always inherit the voluptuous, and curvaceous bodies of their karei mothers.
The Karokei generally get along well with other races, but their interactions can vary due to their gender. The female Karokei are by nature, attention seekers. They are always the center of attention due to their beauty and friendliness. They are quick to make friends with people, especially if they are paid compliments by those people. Unfortunately, this outgoing personality can be exploited by evil or self-centered people who seek to use other people to their own ends. Most females also think of shorter races such as the gnomes, dwarves, or halflings as funny looking (Most likely due to the views of their mothers rather than an inherent trait), which is their only social drawback as the people of that race will probably be offended if a Karokei starts giggling at them. The male Karokei are generally more reserved, but their handsome features will still attract some attention. The male Karokei will usually be confident thus allowing them to be good leaders, and negotiators. Aside from gender related behavior, a Karokei will get along well with any race that is not inherently evil.
The alignment of the Karokei is almost always lawful good, or chaotic good, with a small few being evil. Their parents usually teach them to be good because Kyoku are usually good, and a Kyoku would not marry a Karei that was evil, so this ensures that the Karokei will be raised good. It is not impossible for a Karokei to be corrupted though, as they are mentally capable of any alignment.
The Karokei do not have lands of their own, but usually live in the lands where their Karei mothers lived. They cannot live in the lands that their fathers hail from as there is no known way to return to the Suta-Shima plane.
The Karokei do not wholly worship or disregard religion. The Karokei will usually worship or disregard religion due to personal decisions, and the religion of their parents.
All Karokei know common, and Kareian (the language of the Karei). They also will usually understand the kyoku dialect of common.
Karokei will generally be given Kyoku, or Karei names, but are sometimes given common names from the areas where they live.
- +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: The karokei benefit from the graceful movement of their karei mothers, and the precise movements of their Kyoku fathers. They have the limber minds, and good natures of their parents.
- Humanoid (Part-celestial): The Karei are half celestial, but the kyoku are not, causing the Karokei to be only 1/4 celestial. Despite having their celestial blood diluted, the understanding of celestial plane that comes from their Kyoku fathers causes the Karokei to have an affinity for their own celestial blood.
- Size: Medium
- Karokei base land speed is 30 feet
- Overly sexual mind: When a male Kyoku sees an attractive person he must make a Will save or lose his concentration and pursue that person, the DC is at the DM's discretion and depends on how attractive the person is, and if they're trying to get his attention.
- Honeyed words: A Karokei can lace her words with the Kareian tongue, this gives her +4 on all diplomacy checks.
- Horn bash: The Karokei are able to use their horn as an offensive weapon by headbutting their enemies: The headbutt does 1d4 damage. This attack is a standard action. The attack target must make a Constitution check DC10, or be stunned for one round.
- Karokei aura: sentient creatures that come within 30ft of a female Karokei and can see her notice her beauty, and friendliness. All effected creatures will become aware of the Karokei, and will likely engage her in conversation or combat.
- Automatic Languages: Common, and Kareian. Bonus Languages: celestial, and supernal
- Favored Class: Samurai Tirr, Bard
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||50 years||80 years||+110 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 11"||100-140 lb.|
|Female||5' 0"||100-130 lb.|