Kal'yahs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Kal'yahs are a vicious, charismatic, highly intelligent race of reptilian humanoids that possess great potential to accomplish enormous feats.
The Kal'yahs tend to have short tempers, but when calm are typically mild-mannered and clear-headed. They are very charismatic and are able to keep calm in stressful situations. The charisma of these reptilian humanoids is so impressive that almost every word that leaves their lips has the ability to accomplish many things. The Kal'yahs naturally have a curious side and a need for adventure and action, and can't stay still for very long. When angered, Kal'yahs are incredibly difficult to calm down and seem to lose their senses and sanity for a short time.
Male Kal'yahs range from 6'3" - 7' and can range from 200 - 300 pounds. They are heavily muscled and possess extreme strength. Females range from 5'6" - 6'2" and typically weigh between 150 - 200 pounds. Other physical features, such as eye and hair color, vary from tribe to tribe.
The Kal'yahs realize that in order to accomplish their goals, they sometimes have to cooperate with other races. This typically leads to the Kal'yahs being relatively friendly or neutral towards all races, unless they see certain races as enemies due to conflict. Races and individuals viewed as hostile in the eyes of a Kal'yah would do well to watch their backs around one.
Alignment can vary from tribe to tribe. Some tribes are good, and some are evil. The Kal'yahs realize the weakness in indecisiveness, so either good or evil must be chosen, and they typically lean towards the chaotic side, as they don't have much of a regard for what other people want them to do.
The ideal living conditions for the Kal'yahs varies from tribe to tribe, so they can survive and thrive in different conditions depending on where they were raised. Lands that are perfectly ideal for Kal'yahs are extremes, such as a blistering deserts or freezing tundras. They thrive perfectly well in other biomes.
The Kal'yahs typically aren't a religious people, but they do revere a deity known as Bur'kloh. If a Kal'yah chooses Bur'kloh as their deity, they gain +1 intelligence and +1 Wisdom, but suffer -1 strength. Bur'kloh is a deity that focuses more on brains than brawn, and therefore causes fluctuations in the traits of the Kal'yah reverning him.
Common and Draconic. The Kal'yahs possess the intelligence to learn other languages in short times. The minimum time it takes for a Kal'yah to learn a new language is 12 hours.
Names are chosen by the parents at birth, and don't make much sense to other races, but represent great meaning and symbolism in Kal'yaian culture.
Ex: Grah'lek, Berk'vark, Klaj, Brak'lore
- +2 Strength, +1 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +1 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: The Kal'yahs are heavily muscled, highly intelligent due to their enlarged brains, and possess the ability to persuade and seduce almost any race. Surprisingly, despite their enormous mass, they are quite dextrous.
- Reptilian Humanoid: In the year 4000 BC, a human was born with a mutation that gave him reptilian scale-like skin, claw-like hands, and a forked tongue. The tribe saw this as an opportunity to increase their power, so they had this man breed as much as possible. Over thousands and thousands of years, this mutation became so concentrated that by 85 AD, these people were purely lizard-like with a human touch, such as standing and having two arms and two legs.
- Medium: The Kal'yahs receive no penalties or bonuses due to their size.
- Base land speed: 30 ft.
- Racial Feats: Darkvision, Low-light vision, Reptilian Heritage (May speak with reptiles at will)
- Racial Bonuses: +3 Intimidate, +3 Knowledge (History), +1 Concentration, +2 Knowledge (Arcana), +4 Bluff, Natural Armor +3
- Weapons and Armor: The Kal'yahs are experts in weaponry, so they may wield any weapon (besides ranged weapons) and wear any type of armor without being hindered.
- Blistering Fury (Ex): If a Kal'yah is angered, he or she may burst into an uncontrollable rage, increasing Strength by +5 and Constitution by +4, but decreasing dexterity and intelligence by -3. Also, Base Land Speed increases to 50 ft. These effects last for one hour and a Kal'yah can only go into the Fury once every 8 hours.
- Energy breath (Su): When creating a Kal'yah, choose one energy type (Fire, ice, electricity) and one breath type (20 ft. cone, 30 ft. straight line, 10 ft diameter around Kal'yah). Once per hour, the Kal'yah may use this breath attack, dealing 1d10 damage to all creatures within the breath. At 4th level, this damage increases to 2d10, and increases by 1d10 every 4 levels thereafter to a maximum of 5d10.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic. Bonus Languages: Any excluding secret languages.
- Favored Class: Wizard, Sorcerer, Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|400 years||700 years||1000 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 3"||+1d10||200 lb.||× (1d100) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d8||150 lb.||× (1d50) lb.|