Infernal Protectors (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Infernal Protectors are often cruel to those who would cause harm to the things they are trying to protect. They are raised to be silent and be mindful of their duty to uphold their reputation as Infernal Protectors.
Infernal Protectors resemble that of a demon but instead of batlike wings, they are blackish blue feather wings. They can be 5' to 7'5" feet tall, weigh about 275 to 415, and their skin colour is on the darker side of the scale but can be of any colour. Their hair and eyes are often seen as either jet black or silver. They have a bulky build which is why they often appear to be larger than that actually are.
Because of their origins, Infernal Protectors get very little respect and often end up doing lower class work to make up for the deeds of their counterparts. While they can get along with almost any species they tend to stay away and not get too close to any of them.
Infernal Protectors are usually Chaotic good or on the Neutral end due to them trying to atone for others.
Infernal Protectors adapt very easily to newer surrounds and thus can live anywhere as long as they spend a little bit of time in one area.
Infernal Protectors sometimes worship the gods of the people they are working beside but don't often follow the religion closely. They tend to use it as a source of inspiration rather than the actual guideline it gives.
Infernal Protectors can easily learn a new language after only hearing it a few times as long as they keep in contact with the language.
Infernal Protectors usually give away aliases and as such can be of any of name, however, their true names are often of their brethren such as Azazael, Galgorious, and Lucifer.
- +6 Strength, +4 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -4 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence: Infernal Protectors are strong, resilient and charming but bulky and lacking in common sense
- Monstrous Humanoid (Demon)
- Infernal Protector's base land speed is 50 feet: Fly Speed is 70 feet at Prefect maneuverability
- Infernal Protection (Ex): Infernal Protectors gain increased endurance as they are originally from hell and as such receive +2 Natural armour and Fast healing 1
- Gates of Hell (Su): Infernal Protectors have the ability to unleash a fragment of a lower plane into themselves to increase their power. As a full-round action, an Infernal Protector can unlock a Gate of Hell to gain energy resistance 5 of the same energy that that plane's denizens have (sonic for pandemonium etc.) This lasts up to 5 rounds or until 50 points of damage are absorbed, whichever comes first. if the shield absorbs 50 points of damage, the infernal protector is stunned for one round after.
- Gate to Limbo(1/day): Infernal Protector starts to shimmer in and out of this reality acting as the spell Blink cast as a sorcerer of a level equal to the infernal protector's HD.
- Gate of Temptation(1/Day): Infernal protector gains a +2 insight bonus to charisma for every 4 HD an Infernal Protector possesses. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to his' or her's HD
- Gate of The Flesh(1/Day): An Infernal Protector gains DR/- equal to their Constitution modifier. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to their Constitution modifier.
- Gate of The Greedy(1/Day): The Infernal protector gets absorbed into a light that shines like gold. This gives the Infernal Protector the ability to sacrifice 5 Hp for a +1 to attack roll and a +2 to Damage for each time they sacrifice 5 Hp. This effect lasts for a number of rounds equal to their Strength modifier.
- Gate of Wrath(1/Day): The infernal protector radiates pulses of energy, dealing damage = to (1d8 x the protector's HD) to all creatures within 20 ft, the protector then takes damage = to 1d8 x (the protector's HD x 1.5) and is stunned for 1 round.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Infernal, Abyssal Bonus Languages: Any besides secret languages
- Favored Class: Any but often seen as Monks or Fighters
- Level Adjustment: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|10,000 years||50,000 years||150,000 years||None|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight|