Ikshar (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
An older race with its genetic roots in lizardfolk and dragons, the Ikshar avoid acting like either parent race as much as they possibly can. Their entire society revolves around keeping the history and previous recorded for fear that their race would not be remembered in any other way. Even though they are history keepers they almost never become wizards, they also see the simplistic path of barbarians and never take it as it may lead to them losing their history.
The Ikshar tend to be reclusive and knowledgeable individuals. They are also very paranoid when in settings that lacks nature energy (metropolises, large towns, etc.)
A humanoid of about 6'5" and weighing about 240lbs, (Edit: original weight said 190, but a slender human without scaly skin would probably weigh more at that height) with sharp claws and a powerful tail. Thei shin is reminisent of dragon scales. Their scale colors are always some shade of black, dark red, or dark blue. Their eye color is always a solid black with white iris. Their max age is 250.
Ikshar tend to get along very well with elves, orcs, fey, metallic and ferrous dragons (non-evil ones), along with centaur, satyrs, and elementals. They are at ends with humans due to their occupation of lands that are suitable for housing. They detest all undead and evil creatures.
Usually neutral good
Ikshar tend to worship spirits of nature, knowledge, wisdom, and history. They tend to avoid worshipping gods believing that they will all be eventually replaced by others of greater power.
Common, Draconic, Terran, Sylvan, along with a unique language that only is able to be spoken by Ikshar and can in no way be read, deciphered, or spoken by non-Ikshar.
Ikshar tend to get their names for their first 40 years from their parents, when they reach 43 they may change their names. Common names for males: Ksvida, Mukau, and Okosu. For females: Kara, Hineru, Shorui. Each has an accompyaning rank name defined by the total knowledge they have accumulated. Lowest being Panku, then Kankei, after that is Seisaku, and the highest being Tamaru.
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma, +2 Wisdom: The Ikshar are a very physically healthy race and also very wise; however they never really concentrate on physical prowess, along with the fact that they are relatively anti-social outside of their own race.
- Humanoid (Reptilian): While humanoid in skeletal structure they have a very draconic heritage and thus tend to look like half-dragons at a glance (they dislike being called half dragons, although they hold no grudges with them).
- Medium: no bonuses for size category
- Ikshar base movement speed is 30ft.
- Blindsense (Ex): Ikshar can use senses besides sight to figure out their surrondings out to 15ft.
- Slow Regeneration (Ex): Though not fast enough to heal in combat, an Ishkar's regeneration can stabilize them from negative health. Negative energy and acid deals normal damage to Ikshar, and can leave scars if the wound is severe. While resting an Ishkar will regenerate 2d4+1/2 Con mod hit points per minute. Ikshar regrow body parts in 4d6 minutes. Limbs held to the detached stump heal in one round (Excluding the head. Ikshar die as any other creatures would due to the loss of their head.)
- Speak with animals (Sp): 3/day — Speak with animals as the spell. Caster level is 6th. The save DC is Wisdom-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Draconic, and Ikshar. Bonus Languages: Terran and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Druid.
- Level Adjustment: +4
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|51 years||71 years||91 years||105 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 1"||+1d8||170lb.||× (1d8) lb.|
|Female||5' 10 "||+1d6||155lb.||× (1d6) lb.|