Human, Survivor (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The variant Survivor represents a race of humans who had to adapt over the course of many generations to extremely inhospitable environments, such as post-apocalyptic worlds or distant colony on very inhospitable planets. Their traits are distinct enough from those of Homo Sapiens for them to be considered a new kind of humanity (Homo Superstes), however evolutionary they are still very close to Homo Sapiens - close enough to procreate with them.
Similarly to ordinary humans, though tend to be quite pessimistic due to their harsh life experience.
Exactly like ordinary humans. Due to their harsh lifestyle, most of them have some scars, which may persist despite their healing factor.
Similarly to ordinary humans. However, due to the harsh environment they live in, they tend to be recluse and wary whenever approaching strangers.
Any. However, due to their harsh lifestyle, they are more likely to adapt Neutral and Evil alignments, as holding on to moral values may reduce their chance of survival.
Extremely inhospitable environments.
By their alignment. The more devout of them tend to see the fact they have survived, despite all the difficulties, as a divine blessing.
- +2 bonus to all ability scores. Plus, whenever survivors gain a bonus point for an ability score by gaining a level, such as those gained at 4th and 8th levels, they receive +4 points instead of the usual +2, and they can increase an ability scored above 20 but not above 30 with such feature.
- Medium Humanoid (Human).
- Survivor base land speed is 40 feet per round.
- Honed Senses: Survivors gain a +2 bonus on all Spot and Listen checks.
- Superior Low-Light Vision: Survivors can see ten times further than humans in poor illumination.
- Healing Factor: Survivors heal faster and more efficiently than ordinary humans; they restore 1 hp per 3 hours of activity, or 1 hp per hour of rest. They also restore 1 point of ability damage per 3 hours, and 1 point of drained ability per 2 days.
- Enhanced Physiology: Survivors have damage reduction 5/magic and resistance 5 to all elements. Also, they receive a +4 bonus on all Fortitude saves against non-magical toxins/diseases.
- Scavenging: Survivors gain a +20% bonus to all kinds of attempts to find food, water, weapons and other kinds of survival supplies.
- Human Nature: Survivors, while adapted to harsh conditions, are still human in nature, thus still gain the usual bonuses of humans (an extra feat at 1st level, 4 extra skill points at 1st level and an extra skill point at each additional level).
- Wasteland Inhabited: Survivors get a +4 innate bonus on Balance, Climb, Craft, Heal, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Search, Survival and Swim checks.
- Native Language: Common.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||90 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d10||85 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|