Homunculus Human (Pathfinder Race)
From D&D Wiki
Created in laboratories, some homunculi might not even realize their own origin. Such extraordinary works of alchemy used to be kept by great scientists in order to aid them in their research. Although it's not rare for an homunculus to ask their creator (usually at their death bed) to be free to roam the world, others might even be able to escape their "homes" abandoning their makers. Whilst, many others are also created by other homunculi who learned the art of playing god.
Homunculi usually are created to resemble humans, so their aspect is as varied as the formers.
Homunculi aware of their own origins tend to be more reclusive and don't usually become active members of the society they live in. Obviously homunculi don't form societies of their own, but people have heard talking about secret organizations made up exclusively of homunculi
Alignment and Religion
Homunculi usually aren't religious at all, although there are many of them who worhsip the deities of alchemy. They tend to be of neutral alignment since are usually not really interested in struggles between good and evil, chaos and law. They just seek to find a place in the world they live in. Some of them are just looking for a quiet life.
Homunculi Racial Traits
- + 2 to any physical score, + 2 to any mental score. Homunculi are versatile.
- Type: Homunculi are Humanoid creatures with the Construct subtype
- Medium Size: As medium creatures, Homunculi do not have any special advantages or disadvantages for their size.
- Normal base land speed: 30 feet.
- Constructed: For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger’s favored enemy and bane weapons), Homunculi count as both humanoids and constructs. Homunculi gain a +4 racial bonus on all saving throws against mind-affecting effects, poison, and sleep effects. Also, they are immune to disease.
- Father's craft: Homunculi gain a +4 bonus on Craft (alchemy) checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Homunculi can choose either a martial or exotic weapon to be proficient with.
- Construct immortality: Homunculi are immune to energy drain effects, this means also they cannot take negative levels nor they can take ability score damage. They don't age and never die of old age. They gain no benefits or drawbacks deriving from age.
- Factual: Homunculi when benefitting from morale bonuses or luck bonuses they only gain half this bonus. Also they take a -4 penalty to bluff checks and a -2 penalty to diplomacy.
- Automatic Languages: Homunculi begin play speaking Common. Homunculi with a high intelligence score can choose from any other language (except secret languages such as Druidic)