The Rhul-thaun halfling is a xenophobic group of halflings that live on the two mile high cliff faces of the Jagged Cliffs of Athas. The Rhul-thaun are the closest descendants of the Rhulisti and most resemble them in socially and physically that any of the other races of Athas.
The Rhul-thaun are one of the only two races that may become Life-Shapers, a Rhul-thaun will never teach another race Life-Shaping and not even compulsions can make them do so.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 wisdom, –2 Strength.
- Humanoid (Halfling).
- Small: As a Small creature, a lightfoot halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Rhul-thaun halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
- +4 racial bonus on Climb checks.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws for each 3.5 points of constitution vs spells, poisons and psionics. The spell must target the individual (not area of effect spells) and stacks with other bonuses to high ability scores.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Rhul-thaun. Bonus Languages: Bvanen, Pterran, Reggelid, Rhulisti, Thri-kreen. However most Rhul-thaun do not speak any language except their own.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass Rhul-thaun halfling’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
Table: Rhul-thaun Halfling Random Starting Ages
Table: Rhul-thaun Halfling Aging Effects
Table: Rhul-thaun Halfling Random Height and Weight
||× (1) lb.
||× (1) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races