Half-Pixie Half-Fairy (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Half-Pixie Half-Fairy adventurers are usually after one thing: fun. Danger to a Half-Pixie Half-Fairy is exciting and they often intentionally make mistakes in combat to prolong the adrenaline. A Half-Pixie Half-Fairy adventurer that isn't out in a dungeon spends most of his time trying to be. Most Half-Pixie Half-Fairy adventurers loath sitting at a bar doing nothing. Half-Pixie Half-Fairys tend to make poor wizards because they lack the focus needed to study.
Half-Pixie Half-Fairys are smaller than halflings and often do not reach over three feet tall. They look akin to very tiny eladrin with small wings on their back. Half-Pixie Half-Fairys are naturally tiny, usually only 1 1/2 feet tall and weigh about 8 pounds. They have pointy ears and small, translucent wings.
Playing a Half-Pixie Half-Fairy means having people judge you before getting to know you. Your wild kin are known throughout adventuring parties as tricky and malicious. Most adventurers will only party with you if they must and very few will ever trust you. This is not to say you don't deserve trust but you will have to earn it far more than most. Many elves look down upon Half-Pixie Half-Fairys as childish liars and look up to them as plotting masterminds.
Half-Pixie Half-Fairies tend to inhabit deep sylvan area. They congregate around the typical foci (forest glades, mushroom rings, forested hillocks, etc.) far away from the 'civilized' lands of other humanoids. These lands are often sacred wilderness sites as the primal energy tends to draw them like moths to a flame. They make their 'cities' in the treetops nearby. Trespassers are often playfully and not-so-gently redirected away from Half-Pixie Half-Fairy lands. However, Druids are almost always welcome.
Half-Pixie Half-Fairys have no set religion, often revering the raw primal energy of nature. Those that do choose deities tend to follow gods of nature and wilderness. However, gods of the 'civilized' aspects of natures, such as deities of the harvest, are shunned.
Sylvan and Common. Many also know Elven, Gnome, and Halfling.
- -2 Constitution
- Tiny size: +2 bonus to Armor Class, +2 bonus on attack rolls, +8 bonus on Hide checks, –8 penalty on grapple checks, and lifting/carrying limits 1/2 those of Medium characters..
- A Half-Pixie Half-Fairy's base land speed is 20 feet and its fly speed is 60 feet (good). This changes to base land speed as 30 and fly speed to 15 (average) if the Half- Pixie Half Fairy is in medium size; see Shrink/Grow.
- Low-light vision.
- Skills: Half-Pixie Half-Fairys have a +4 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot checks while in Tiny size.
- Shrink: As a standard action: Can shrink one item within 10 feet to be reduced to 1/10 of the original size and weight or change the size from Small/Medium/Large to tiny. The item picked to shrink must be touched, not being held by any creature. Item retains all its properties besides size and weight. This ability will not affect Fine size or Diminutive size objects, and if a shrunken object moves more than 100 feet away from the Half-Pixie Half-Fairy it will instantly revert to normal. While in Medium size can shrink the Half-Pixie Half-Fairy and all equipped belongings back to Tiny size, which will last until Grow is used again.
- Grow: As a standard action: Can be used to reverse the effect of Shrink on an object. The Half-Pixie Half-Fairy, while in Tiny size can use this on themselves and their equipped belongings to become Medium size. Any object affected by grow will retain all its properties besides size and weight.
- Fairy Dust: As a move action: By sprinkling dust on another character or object from your wings. A character gains the ability to fly for 2d4 rounds. Their fly speed is 20 feet (poor). If the character can already fly they gain +10 to their fly speed. Any object sprinkled with this dust that is 20 pounds or less will float aimlessly for 1d4 minutes, and it will move accordingly if force is applied to it. If the weight is greater than 20 pounds the object becomes 20 pounds lighter for 1d4 minutes.
- Elemental Affinity: a Half-Pixie Half-Fairy picks an element (earth, water, fire, or air). They gain spell like abilities based off of this; earth: Grease, water: create water, fire: light, air Mage hand.
- Natural Reincarnation: A Half-Pixie Half-Fairy cannot be brought back to life except by it's own ability. Upon dropping below -5 health, the Half-Pixie Half-Fairy and any equipped items instantly vanish, but any other items are left behind. Any damage that would drop it below -5 hp is ignored. The Half-Pixie Half-Fairy will appear in the closest non hazardous location 24 hours afterwards with its equipped items, and will be fully rested. Every third reincarnation the Half-Pixie Half-Fairy beings to loose it's identity, and re-rolls all abilities, swaps genders, and looks different in some way.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|2 years||? years||? years||+? years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||1' 6"||+3d8 in.||6 lb.||× (1d8) lb.|
|Female||1' 2"||+2d8 in.||4 lb.||× (1d8) lb.|