Half-Orc (Tiberium Rising Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
Also see the half-orc creature listing.
Viewed almost universally as the offspring of a race of brutes, the truth of half-orcs is a little more complex than most suspect. Half-orcs are as intelligent as other races, but they do not apply the information in the same way as others. Orcs rarely care about magic, history, or calculations, instead pouring their energy into survival and pondering what they call the "Synchronicity". This philosophy is nearly impossible for other races to comprehend, but at its most base level, it refers to a attempt to comprehend the world as a series of predetermined threads, all flowing towards a single goal.
Half-orcs navigate a thread between human and orc culture. They do not have a full conception of the Synchronicity, but also have a difficult time disciplining themselves to follow more common intellectual pursuits. They eschew magic in favor of the brute force their bodies are so clearly adapted for, but feel that a deeper level, there is a fundamental truth to reality just beyond their grasp.
While most races revile the orcs, humans and halflings are usually happy to host half-orcs. Because they usually align themselves with their human heritage, humans believe they have barbarians on their side, while halflings believe that half-orcs may be a key to understanding the thought process of full-blooded orcs. While full orcs will raise half-orcs, their lack of connection to the Synchronicity is painfully obvious, and leads to social isolation.
However, few truly accept half-orcs without reservations or outside motives. More often than not, they are treated as a means, not an end, and half-orcs know this. They rarely associate closely with others, and are almost always isolated from the rest of those around them.
Half-orcs are better suited to surviving radiation than most others, and are often more likely to side with the Brotherhood. A few orcs embrace the crystal, and work to spread it as far as possible. Some feel a connection with the crystal, and believe it may be their path to understanding the deeper mysteries of the Synchronicity.
- +2 Strength, –2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma.
A half-orc’s starting Intelligence score is always at least 3. If this adjustment would lower the character’s score to 1 or 2, his score is nevertheless 3.
- Humanoid (Orc).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, half-orcs have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Half-orc base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Half-orcs (and orcs) can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and half-orcs can function just fine with no light at all.
- Orc Blood: For all effects related to race, a half-orc is considered an orc.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Orc. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, and Abyssal.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass half-orc’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||45 years||60 years||+2d10 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 10”||+2d12||150 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d12||110 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
Back to Campaign Home