Gremlins, Variant (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gremlins tend to always be on the move and will regularly go without sleep. They are curious and question almost all things they don't understand. They tend to like most other races, except goblins and other larger goblinoids.
Gremlins are small, only averaging 2 1/2 to 3 feet tall. They average in at about 20 to 40 lbs. Gremlins are purple skinned and bald with long ears and large, pupal less eyes. They have claw, like fingers (that do no actual damage) instead of fingernails.
Gremlins are very welcoming to all races (exempt goblinoids) and rarely have racial disputes. They tend to only start fights over resources and if the other attacks first.
Gremlin's spontaneous outbursts and random but curious inquisitions tags most gremlins as chaotic good. The few neutral and evil gremlins tent towards mad scientist like persona's.
Gremlins tend to live in extremes, either in a metropolis where there works can be adored or solitary where they can work in peace. There are no true lands they can call home and live with all races.
Because they are scientific, they tend to honor no gods or Grezzen, the god of gremlins, craftsmanship, and dusk. Grezzen's few clerics are taught to craft and use mostly transmutations and alterations.
Gremlins speak Grezzen, Umural (language of shadows) and Common. They can learn Elven, Gnomish, Dwarven, Goblin, Orcish, Draconic, and Abyssal.
Gremlins have names that have multiple z's, x's, s's, and r's. Males: Grezz, Tekkel, Niffrit, Grezzet, kissir, Grrizzint. Female: Zimmil, Amizza, Kiklii, Gekka, Ururri, Miccimmia. Family names are usually after famous creations of the family and gremlins have been know to change this if they feel that there invention supersedes there ancestors invention.
- -2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma: Gremlins are intelligent and likable , but not the strongest race around.
- Humanoid (goblinoid, dusk)
- Small: Gremlins small size grants them a +4 bonus on hide checks, a +1 to their attack rolls as well as a +1 bonus to AC. They, however, suffer a -4 penalty to grapple checks. There carrying capacity for items is 3/4 that of a medium character and all gear weighs 1/4 the normal.
- Gremlin base land speed is 20 feet.
- Mending Touch (Sp): A gremlin's touch fixes small tears and bends in armor. Gremlins can use the mending spell at will.
- Automatic Languages: Grezzen, Umural, Common. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnomish, Dwarven, Goblin, Orcish, Draconic, and Abyssal
- Favored Class: Tinker, or Hexgunner
- Level Adjustment: +0
|20 years||+ 1d4||+1d6||+2d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||400 years||600 years||+1000 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 6 "||+1d8||20 lb.||× ( 1d4) lb.|
|Female||2 ' 4 "||+1d8||18 lb.||× 1d4 lb.|