Gravity Magic (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Wizards who study gravity magic have mastery over one of the most powerful natural forces of the world. By using it, they are able to increase or ignore the effects of gravity around themselves and others.
- Gravitational Field
Beginning when you select this school at 2nd level, you gain the ability to thwart attackers by altering the gravity around you. While unarmored and not unconscious you can grant yourself a bonus to your Armor Class equal to your Intelligence modifier.
- Mass Manipulation
Starting at 2nd level, when you hit a creature with a spell attack or a creature fails its saving throw against a spell you cast of 1st level or higher, you can impose one of the following effects:
- It is knocked prone.
- It is pushed up to 15 feet (somewhere).
- It can't take reactions until the end of your next turn.
When you use this feature to affect a creature you cannot use it again until the start of your next turn.
- Accelerated Range
Starting at level 6, you learn to make your projectiles really go the distance. Whenever you throw or shoot a projectile, its long and normal ranges are increased by an additional 30 feet. Additionally, any projectile that is thrown or shot within half of its normal range will deal 1 additional damage die.
- Return to Sender
Starting at level 10, you learn to make a protective barrier of gravity. As an action, you are able to create a 50 foot sphere of gravitational force around yourself for a number of turns equal to 1 + half of your intelligence modifier. Whenever a creature makes a non-magical ranged attack against you, you are able to make an intelligence saving throw of DC 8 + the attacker’s dexterity modifier. On a failure, the ranged attack deals half as much damage as normal. On a success, the projectile used in the ranged attack turns around and fires back to the creature who used it, as if the targeted creature were the one who attacked. You are able to use this feature 1 time, and may not use it again until you finish a long rest.
Starting at level 14, the laws of the world no longer have meaning to you. As an action, you are able to perform 1 of the following feats:
- You are able to walk on walls and ceilings for 1 minute.
- You are able to solidify unstable material, such as snow or water, so that you and other creatures of your choosing are able to walk on it.
- You are able to hover up to a height equal to your movement speed for 1 minute.
- You may immobilize a targeted creature by increasing their personal gravity for 1 minute. The save to resist this is equal to your spell save. On a failure, the targeted creature may only move 5 feet on any of their turns. A creature may repeat their saving throw until they succeed, or until the spell wears off.
- You are able to compress an object or structure that is no bigger than 15 square feet.
- You may make a targeted creature incredibly light. A creature affected this way has advantage on any skill check related to jumping or climbing Every successful hit against a creature affected this way pushes them back 20 feet. The save to resist this spell is equal to your spell save. On a failure, the targeted creature is affected by this spell. Any creature may repeat their saving throw until they succeed, or until the spell wears off.
You are able to use this feature 3 times, and regain expended uses upon finishing a long rest.