Gottians, Low (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gottians is an insectoid-humanoid hybrid race. They live in big cities or colonies, as others call them, in three groups of the race that biologically differ. The Lowborn live in the bottom of the city, working endlessly. They differ much, dependant on what work they do and where they're set to work. Every single one of these are females, carrying around unfertilized eggs.
The Low Gottians are all servants. They live to serve the High Specie and will never question their superiors.
The Lowborn Gottians is a race of insectoid creatures, usually sporting multiple limbs. Every Lowborn Gottian is female without a male counterpart. The race doesn't have a standard look, as they're created for what work they have to do. A miner would likely be very big sporting many arms, whereas a wayfinder wouldn't need much height nor limbs or a scout would need to be small and fast with many legs. Every Gottian has an exoskeleton and the Lowborn are not different. The lowborn would usually have dirt-colors covering their skeleton, however if they're to live in the homes of the High Gottian as servants, they'd likely be very colorful. The Low Gottians are born with wings, but many of them lose them early on through either force, negligence or just them being too worn out. The Lowborn usually walk on all their limbs, just because they're taught to stand below everyone else, but they are capable of walking upright. Their eyes are black orbs, giving them great periferal vision.
The Lowborn Gottians are all born from eggs carried around by the common female Gottians. Every common female Gottian grow 150-200 eggs in their lifetime, which can all be fertalized by the High gottians, and carried around for two weeks before the eggs hatch, a Low Gottian being born. They themselves are incapable of repruduction and require the Common Gottians to survive as a specie.
Most Lowborn Gottians have never met or seen anyone from outside the city and are not made to have relations towards others, so they do not have any relations towards other races. They look up to the High Specie as the greatest being they will ever meet and see the common Gottians as their superiors, no matter how they look or act.
The Lowborn Gottians are usually good alligned, however neutral and evil allignment is not impossible.
The Lowborn Gottians live in the bottom of their High Species' cities, living life where they're told to. They do not chose their own land and are only constricted to the cities of their High Specie, which knows no lands.
The Lowborn Gottians do not have a religion as a whole. Much of the rest of their specie worship the sun, but many of the Lowborn can only dream of seeing the sun, as their lifes are short and they live somewhat underground their whole lives.
The Lowborn Gottians know the Gót language, a language specific to their specie, and the city-language of the city they live in.
The Lowborn do not have names. Their short lives and plentiful births give little openings for them to develop relations towards eachother.
- -2 Wisdom -2 Intelligence +2 to two abilities of your choice: The Lowborn are not very smart, however they are born into the job they're supposed to work with, making them capable of being of many physiques.
- Humanoid (Insect): Many of their features resemble insects, but their bodies are built like that of a humanoid.
- Medium: As medium-size creatures, Lowborn Gottians have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Lowborn Gottians base land speed is 20 feet: For every extra set of legs, increase this by 10.
- Extra Limbs: At Character Creation only, the player chooses how many limbs the character has. The character can choose 2, 4 or 6 arms and/or legs. The extra arms are however incapable of the agility needed to use weapons, even with the trait Multiweapon Fighting. If the character choses to have 4 arms, the player gets −1 to either Dexterity or Strength. Both Dexterity and Strength gets −1 if the character choses to have 6 arms. If the character choses to have 4 legs, the player gets −1 to either Dexterity or Constitution. Both Dexterity and Constitution gets −1 if the character choses to have 6 legs. All rules for multiple limbs apply otherwise.
- Storming Front(Ex): The Gottians are able to bend over and use all their limbs to run with. For every two limbs, apart from the first two, that touch the ground, the groundspeed and climbspeed of the Gottian is increased by 50%. All limbs have to be used for this, meaning the character can not use them for anything else in this time.
- Low-light Vision: The Lowborn Gottians live underground most of their life, making them attuned to living in darkness. They can see double the length of a human when it comes to poor illumination.
- Glowing body (Ex): The Lowborn are capable of lighting up their surroundings with their own body. The effect functions as an Orb of Light effect, however it stays on the skin of the Lowborn at all rimes. The effect stays on for one minute and takes an hour to recharge.
- The Last Favor (Ex): The Lowborn Gottians can as a last resort activate all the chemicals within their bodies, making them explode within a few seconds or after a turn, dealing 2d4 damage to anyone within 10 yards per level the Lowborn has accumulated.
- Automatic Languages: Gót and their city language. Bonus Languages: Any language with Common or Dwarven heritage.
- Favored Class: None.
- Level Adjustment: -2
|2 months||+1d2 weeks||+1d4 weeks||+2d3 weeks|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|4 months||6 months||7 months||+2d3 weeks|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Female||4' 0"||+8d12"||80 lb.||× () lb.|