Gottians, High (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gottians is an insectoid-humanoid hybrid race. They live in big cities or colonies, as others call them, in three groups of the race that biologically differ. The High Gottians live in the top of the city, doing whatever they damn well want to. These are all males, towering over all other Gottians. The High specie populates less than 1% of the cities they live in, but hold the most power.
The High Specie control the cities and they know it. They live their life how they want it, and if that means a few hundred common and low Gottians dying, that doesn't stop them. They usually are uncaring for their lower species and see themselves as the reason the race is alive, which in part, is true.
The High Specie, like their lower species, sport multiple limbs, but unlike the lower species, all stand above 10 feet tall. They all have a dark , usually blue, exoskeleton, having beautiful patterns across the exoskeleton and wings. Smaller details such as antenaes, number of fingers, form of feet, eyes and such differ from each individual. They all unlike the rest of their species though, have hair. This hair is not for the looks, but to feel the breeze of air all together and catch the slightest of any movement. They all walk upright like humans, however, they're not afraid of using all their limbs for movement.
The High Gottians do not have a collected relation towards anything. Their own personal relations can however differ how the common and lower of the Gottians feel towards certain species.
The High Specie of Gottians usually have a neutral or downright evil alignment, however, it is not unheard of having a good aligned High Specie.
The High Specie take the land they want. They are not caring of who owns it, however they set up their cities where they find good land and lots of sun.
A lot of High Specie see themselves as the highest beings, an opinion only they have, so they don't have a shared religion. Those that don't however, usually believe in the words of Velor or Aurifar, as their sun is their most holy symbol.
The High Specie of the Gottians usually speak Gót, A language specific to the Gottian race, and Common, but they do also have their own individual language, fusing it with the other High Specie of their city to make their city language.
The Gottians are commonly refered to as a combination of their father's and mother's name until they reach the age of 4, where they chose their own name. Many choose to keep the part of the name they got from their father. There is no gender specific names, as there are not enough males in the population for it to make sense for them. All Gottians have two-parted names, held together by an apostrophy.
Example names would be: Got'nifar, His'jof, Yanni'hibo, Nif'libar
- +2 Strength, +4 Constitution, -6 Dexterity, +2 Charisma: The High Specie of the Gottians are built strong and durable, however, they move slowly and do not have much movability, except when running. They live their lives as leaders however, so they are trained in talking with others.
- Humanoid (Insect): Many of their features resemble insects, but their bodies are built like that of a humanoid.
- Large: -1 to attack and AC, +4 to Bull Rush, Grapple, Overrun, and Trip, -4 to Hide checks.
- High Gottians base land speed is 40 feet: For every extra set of legs, increase this by 10.
- Extra Limbs: At Character Creation only, the player chooses how many limbs the character has. The character can choose 2, 4 or 6 arms and/or legs. The extra arms are however incapable of the agility needed to use weapons, even with the trait Multiweapon Fighting. If the character choses to have 4 arms, the player gets −1 to either Dexterity or Strength. Both Dexterity and Strength gets −1 if the character choses to have 6 arms. If the character choses to have 4 legs, the player gets −1 to either Dexterity or Constitution. Both Dexterity and Constitution gets −1 if the character choses to have 6 legs. All rules for multiple limbs apply otherwise.
- Wings: The High Gottians all have working wings, allowing them to fly.
- Hover: The High Gottians can halt midair wilst flying.
- Storming Front(Ex): The Gottians are able to bend over and use all their limbs to run with. For every two limbs, apart from the first two, that touch the ground, the groundspeed and climbspeed of the Gottian is increased by 50%. All limbs have to be used for this, meaning the character can not use them for anything else in this time. This comes completely natural to the High Gottians and doesn't produce more fatigue than walking.
- Evolution Goo(Ex): The High Specie of the Gottian race can make a goo from their mouthes that when it comes into contact with males of the Gottian Specie have special effects. The Goo will when put into contact with any creature, beside the High Gottians, give 1d2 Constitution damage for every minute in contact with the Goo. However, when the Common Gottian male is knocked out and still have prolonged exposure to the goo, they will slowly evolve into a High Specie. If it covers a High Gottian in a prolonged period, it stop the aging of it, practically making them unaging. The High Specie are able to keep this on themselves for 80% of the day, practically elongating their lifetimes by a factor of 5.
- Automatic Languages: Gót, Common and their city language. Bonus Languages: Any, though no secret languages.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|90 years||130 years||160 years||+8d4 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||10' 6"||+4d8||900 lb.||× () lb.|