Gormkaji Orcs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gormkaji orcs (referred to as 'orcs of Gorm's Blood' in their dialect of Orcish) are an oddity among the orc races. While violent and ferocious battlers, they are wise enough to know battle is not a constant necessity. The younger of the Gormkaji tend to be more restless and long for honorable fights, but the elders temper their eagerness with the wisdom to know when to fight and when to meditate. Some Gormkaji who are born without the innate lust for combat are not shunned, but are instead welcomed into the mystical arts and healing circles of elders to help them cultivate the talents they have.
Gormkaji prcs are towering creatures even by orc standards, with a male standing over 7 feet tall and weighting in around 250 lbs. Gormkaji have green skin, and their hair colors go from deep black to grayish white.
Gormkaji orcs stay mostly to themselves and do not get along with most other orc tribes, whokm they find to be too ruthless and distasteful. When it comes to the more civilized races, they find most to be too soft and weak to be of any importance, but those who prove themselves on the field of battle with find themselves with a Gormkaji's respect.
Gormkaji orcs can tend to any Alignment based on mentality, but most tend towards Chaotic or Neutral Alignment; while it is not unheard of for there to be Lawful Gormkaji, such are very rare and singular cases.
Gormkaji orcs thrive in areas rich with forests, mountains and rivers. They are a non-nomadic tribal people; once they find a location that suits them, they start up their villages and live off the land.
The Gormkaji worship their singular deity, "Gorm the Ascended". Gorm was an orc with a strength and combat prowess unmatched by any other mortal creature, so with axe in hand, he set off to slay any beast that would challenge him; for his axe gained the might of any worthy beast slain by it. At the end of his journey, it is said Gorm used his mighty axe to cut down a Terrasque in a single blow; for his might, the gods above recognized him, praising his greatness, and brought him into their ranks. Gorm is considered the father of all Gormkaji, and from his blood were the first Gormkaji born in his image; each wishing to gain access to their all-father's realm once they prove themselves with a life or death worthy of the name Gorm.
Due to their beliefs all Gormkaji, regardless of warrior status, at the age of 15 are tasked with forging their own manifestation of Gorm's weapon (known as a Gormaxe) to be with them at all times, and for it to drink in the blood of all worthy enemies slain by the Gormkaji.
Gormkaji orcs speak Common, Orcish and a pidgin form of the two known as Gormlect (translated as 'Speech of Gorm').
The Gormkaji orcs typically name their young after their patron Gorm, and some aspect of his might they wish their offspring to share in. Examples: Gormkah (Gorm's Wisdom), Gormroh (Storm of Gorm), Gormzekh (Gorm's Fangs), Gormik (Gorm's Strength), Gormlee (Cunning of Gorm)
- +2 Strength +-2 Dexterity +2 Constitution -4 Charisma:
- Humanoid (Orc):
- Medium: Gormkaji orcs gain no special bonuses or penalties from their size.
- Gormkaji orcs have a base land speed of 30 feet:
- Intimidating Physique (Ex) : Because of their large and powerful frames, Gormkaji orcs may use their Constitution modifier instead of their Charisma modifier for making Intimidate skill checks.
- Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of Gormkaji orcs lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a Gormkaji orc is subject to a size modifier, or to a special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Gormkaji orc is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A Gormkaji orc is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A Gormkaji orc can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Orcish, Gormlect. Bonus Languages: Any
- Favored Class: Barbarian