Goo (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Goo are sentient creatures that are the result of a magical being, such as a crazy horny green dragon, breeding with an ooze of any kind. They are fiercely loyal to their onii-chan, but hate any other Goo, as they can "absorb" others to become stronger.
Every 10 years, a Goo goes through a division process where it divides itself into 2 perfect copies of the original Goo. (Similar to cells splitting). Once the "division" is completed, the strongest Goo usually attempts to "eat", or absorb, the weakest one.
The division process reoccurs every 10 years and is the only way a Goo can "reproduce".
Even though they are asexual, Goo tend to take the form of young, transluscent girls, as they have realized that onii-chans prefer it like that, and a happy brother makes for a safe Goo.
Overall, they kinda look like transparent, toxic, jello beings that change color with their mood and can assume any form they desire. Goo can be stretched to extreme lenghts, and can transform into puddles if necessary. They fear the elements as water dissolves them and high temperatures makes them evaporate.
All goo have sticky "skin" that gets easily dirtied, and makes them sad.
They hate sand.
Goo usually never venture out of the cave where they were first "divided", and the strongest of the two Goo asborbs the weaker one. When an adventurer encounters one, they usually sneak up to them and hugs them so tightly that they almost drown in their acidic jello-ness. If the Goo is not stricken down, they form a bond with their "Onii-chan" that lasts a life time...(which is 10 years for a Goo until it divides itself, once more.)
Neutral. Goo don't really care about anything that much, except being with their Onii-Chan and not getting eaten by a stronger Goo.
When not travelling with their Onii-Chan, Goo prefer the darkness of a nicely temperated and secluded cave, where they can't be killed by the humidity or the wildlife.
None. But all Goo fear and respect the strongest Goo, the "Matriarch of Goo".
None. Goo don't talk, except for the occasionally whimpered "Onii-Chan..!", but they understand Common and Draconic.
Cute female japanese names, of course.
(ex: Mineko, Shinjuku, Aiko, Otaru, Kiyomi...)
- +4 Strength, +10 Constitution. Put any Intelligence and Charisma score at 2. Wisdom score cannot exceed 8. Goo are very strong and adaptable creatures, but they lack any social skills.
- Humanoid Ooze: For all and every resistance, a Goo is considered an "Ooze"
- Goo base land speed is 20 feet:
- Transparent (Ex): Goo are hard to see, even under ideal conditions, and it takes a DC 15 Spot check to notice one. Creatures who fail to notice a Goo and walk into it are automatically engulfed.
- Acidic Body (Ex): Any contact with a Goo's body causes an automatic 1d6 of acid damage, per turn.
- Acid (Ex): A Goo’s acid does not harm metal or stone.
- Engulf (Ex): Although it moves slowly, a Goo can simply mow down creatures as a standard action. It cannot make a slam attack during a round in which it engulfs. The Goo merely has to move over the opponents, affecting as many as it can cover. Opponents can make opportunity attacks against the cube, but if they do so they are not entitled to a saving throw. Those who do not attempt attacks of opportunity must succeed on a Reflex save opposed to the Goo's grapple check or be engulfed; on a success, they are pushed back or aside (opponent’s choice) as the cube moves forward. Engulfed creatures are subject to the Goo’s paralysis and acid, and are considered to be grappled and trapped within its body. The save DC is Strength-based and includes a +1 racial bonus.
- Paralysis (Ex): A Goo secretes an anesthetizing slime. A target hit by a Goo’s melee or engulf attack must succeed on a DC 20 Fortitude save or be paralyzed for 3d6 rounds. The cube can automatically engulf a paralyzed opponent. The save DC is Constitution-based.
- "I am the strongest Goo!" (Ex): When a Goo absorbs another one, (except for the one it just divided from), it gains it's memories, and +1 STR, per absorbed Goo.
- Special Qualities: Blindsight 60 ft., immunity to electricity, ooze traits, transparent.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic (Understanding, not speaking) . Bonus Languages: None.
- Favored Class: Grappler.
- LA: 1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|1 years||5||8||+9 years|