Goliath (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Goliaths are exemplary fighters in close quarters combat they make great fighters, and barbarians.
Goliaths are normally between 7.5 and 9 feet tall. Regularly bald or with long ponytails according to tradition. Eye color can be brown, grey, or green. Tradition dictates most goliaths have tattoos, common places are chest, shoulder, face, scalp, and calves. Goliaths reach full maturity at 40 years old, and can live to be 200.
Goliaths are traditionally tribe based with a single chieftain. Upon on the death of a chieftain all the male goliaths fight, last one standing is the new chieftain. Goliaths are nomadic, following herds of animals, but some tribes have been known to settle in plains fortifying their camps.
Goliaths do not like Orcs. They make very good friends with Dwarfs due to their strength and love of alcohol.
Alignment and Religion
Any Chaotic alignment. Any religion.
Goliath Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +1 Constitution, -1 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom.
- Size: Large
- Normal base land speed: 30 feet.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll.
- +2 Intimidate, +1 Handle Animal
- Low-Light Vision: A Goliath can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Dark Vision: A Golaith is able to see 60 feet in the dark. They cannot make out color but they can see movement and basic outlines with 60 feet.
- Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A Goliath is proficient in simple weapons as well as shields and they are proficient with medium and heavy armor.
- Powerful Build: A Golaith's physical build allows them to function as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a Golaith is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the Golaith is able to be treated one size larger, should the situation be advantageous to do so.
Favored Class Options
A multiclass Golaith's barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|70 years||100 years||130 years||+200 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8’ 6”||+1d6||160 lb.||× (1d12) lb.|
|Female||8’ 0”||+1d6||150 lb.||× (1d12) lb.|