Goh'ul (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Goh'ul were originally grey elves of a secluded kingdom in the northern reaches of the known world. Their capital of Goh'ul was founded on a massive crossing of high-level ley lines. Over thousands of years, the magical energies gradually seeped into the essence of the nation's denizens, warping them all the while they grew their empire to span most of the north. The magical power eventually manifested itself as an innate talent for the magical arts that spanned generations, cutting down the foes of the empire all around them. However, in their arrogance and blind belief of their superiority, a new race was born, one that was able to tap into the energy of the ley lines around them directly, one that found it's parent race just as inferior as they found all others. The new race bided their time for centuries, growing their numbers unnamed and unnoticed, waiting to strike at the ugliness around them, and strike they did. they turned their powers on their neighbours, slaughtering them while they slept and wiping out the mighty empire almost at once. they retreated to the capital of Goh'ul and took its name as their own, their purity finally achieved. they next turned their gaze to the nearby kingdoms but found in them, wary enemies. They now walk the world among the rest of the races, still "purifying" any unwary civilizations that they can
The personality of a Goh'ul can vary in almost every aspect. In general, the Goh'ul have a strong love for but 3 earthly things. Warfare, the fine arts and creation. They enjoy warfare, contests of strength and trials of cunning. Martial arts, music, art, and architecture also attract many Goh'ul, which may stem from their love of creation- all Goh'ul have a strong desire they create, which can be expressed in many ways. There are never any half Goh'ul and there never will be- Goh'ul only breed within their own race, thinking other all other races as "unclean" in this aspect.
Goh'ul are much like elves in appearance with slightly less pointed chins. Their beauty is stunning to any humans. The average height of a Goh'ul ranges from 6'1" to 6'5". weighing in at about 90lb's in females and 110 in males. They generally have a light skin colour. Although not pale, if you look closely, there is a slight blue tinge to their skin. The eyes of a Goh'ul can be green, brown, blue, black, and rarely a Goh'ul may have gold or red eyes.
Goh'ul think of other races as inferior beings. They believe them to be unclean, many Goh'ul work to eliminate the other races of the world.
Goh'ul are generally chaotic evil or chaotic, sometimes becoming chaotic neutral.
Warm semi-tropical areas.
None, Goh'ul believe themselves living gods in a weaker form, waiting to manifest their true abilities.
Common, Goh'ul, Sylvan
Goh'ul are never named, although some who walk among other races may choose to adopt one of their names until they leave the area.
- +4 Charisma, +2 Dexterity +2 Wisdom, -4 constitution, -4 strength: Goh'ul are stunningly beautiful and sublimely graceful, with years of experience at their command. fortunately for the rest of the world, they fall behind in the physical strength to back up their plans.
- Small: +1 to Ac and to Hit for size. -4 to grapple against large(r) sized creatures.
- base land speed is : 30 ft
- Arcane Fortification (Su): Drawing on the arcane energy of ley lines, you gain a +4 bonus to Str and Con for 5 rounds, this may only be used once per encounter, this ability is unusable in an antimagic field and the effects cease to function if the caster enters one, they resume once you leave but will expire if the duration ends in the field.
- Arcane fist (Ex): a Goh'ul's Unarmed strikes are augmented as if they had the Improved Unarmed Strike feat and are treated as magic weapons for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction. If the character already has the Improved Unarmed Strike feat, instead add 1d4 to the damage dealt by unarmed strikes.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Goh'ul, Sylvan . Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Draconic.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer, Monk .
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|