Gnome, Bohemian (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Bohemian Gnome personalities are a mix of the best, or worst, of Lightfoot Halflings and Rock Gnomes. They are clever, witty, devious, and sneaky, but all in good fun. They are hospitable and trustworthy but protective of friends and family. They prefer intrigue and subtlety to straightforward business.
Bohemian Gnome males are about 3' 7" and 42 pounds. Bohemian Gnome females tend to be around 3' 5" and 37 pounds. They make up for what they lack in height with their intellectual minds and hardiness. This difference from Rock Gnomes is because of their slightly longer legs and thinner bodies. Their skin ranges anywhere from a light tan to a deep brown to dark green, while their hair and eyes are stony grey, white, or brown. They also have very tough, leathery feet.
Bohemian Gnomes interact well with most races, since they have probably encamped near one of their cities or towns before. For aggressive and violent races, they often prefer either to sneak by unnoticed and move on or to sneak in and cause some ruckus before leaving.
Bohemian Gnomes tend to be True Neutral or Neutral Good so as to deal more even-handedly with so many races. They have no tendency toward lawful or chaotic, and evil Bohemian Gnomes are often banished from good tribes and left to travel alone or join an evil clan.
Bohemian Gnomes travel so much they do not have a particular homeland. Those that settle down settle in already established towns, usually of Rock Gnomes where they are accepted as kin. No Bohemian Gnome town has ever been known to have been established, but it is technically possible.
Bohemian Gnomes prefer to worship Farlaghn or Olidammara over Garl Glittergold. More aggressive tribes may worship St. Cuthbert or Kord. Evil Tribes often worship Vecna or Hextor.
Due the to large amount of traveling and interaction with many races Bohemian Gnomes experience, they speak many languages, but primarily Common and Gnome.
Names are acquired in the same fashion as either Rock Gnomes or Lightfoot Halflings.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma:
- Humanoid (Gnome): A type of Gnome, these creatures tend to empathize well with Halflings.
- Small: As a Small creature, a Bohemian gnome gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Bohemian Gnome base land speed is 20 feet
- Low-Light Vision(Ex): A Bohemian Gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Darkvision(Ex): Bohemian Gnomes can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Bohemian Gnomes can function just fine with no light at all.
- Weapon Familiarity: Bohemian Gnomes may treat gnome hooked hammers as martial weapons rather than exotic weapons.
- Stone-foot: Bohemian Gnomes have tougher feet than their Rock Gnome kin, developed from centuries of traveling on bare feet. They never need to wear any sort of footwear to protect their feet. When walking over rough terrain that would damage their feet, they have a +2 racial bonus to resist that damage. For example, the +2 bonus to AC that a normal creature gains against caltrops' attack roll for wearing shoes is similar to this, but these particular bonuses stack.
- +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions.
- Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion spells cast by Bohemian Gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Move Silently and Searchchecks.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gnome. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Bard.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|105 years||160 years||220 years||+3d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 0"||+3d4||35 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||2' 10"||+3d4||30 lb.||× (1) lb.|