Glarfs (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Glarfs have a wide range of emotions, but all lack the energy to truly emulate them. Glarfs rarely act independently or against the wishes of others, do to their inability to communicate. They carry a consistently groggy demeanor, taking any opportunity to do nothing without consequence. They are also known for very excessive sleeping, but not uncontrollably.
Glarfians are very short and fat, standing upright at a maximum of 2ft 6in, and a minimum of 1ft 8in. Glarfians have short, thick limbs with paws on their feet and thick fingers with retractable claws for hands. They have standard cat features, with a slightly flatter face. Some may have symbols and patterns on their chest.
A Glarf holds no animosity, not having the energy to express intense emotions, however they generally don't enjoy the company of hyper active races, who may use their natural authority to impose on their relaxed life style more than needed. They feel as responsible for their allies as their allies feel responsible for the Glarf, mirroring indifference or fellowship. A Glarf will never refuse affection, but only holds personal relationships with family.
Glarfs are true neutrals, obeying most anyone but with no task they are purely focused on relaxing and not much else. They do not care for cruelty, and do not have the energy to pursue good without obligation.
Glarfites live in a magical dome in the middle of a large plain, kept at low light. The region just outside the dome is rich with resources. The area inside the dome has paved wallways and homes made of thick fabrics, that degrade in quality as they get newer rulers due to their lack of responsibility.
A Glarf cannot physically enunciate enough to have a language, so they can only communicate a very small amount via different sounding meows, such as okay, angry, hungry, sad, etc. However, they understand common as their leaders, though also Glarfs, have the ability to speak it telepathically.
Their name of any Glarf must be a derivitive of "Glarf" so that the king may name them easily and recall their names. (Examples: Glorf, Glirf, Gorf, Galf, Glof, etc.)
- +2 Strength, -4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution. Glarfians are hardy creatures but due to their lazy nature, they aren't very mobile.
- Humanoid (Cat): Though they're more similar to cats, they still walk on two legs, and have thick fingered hands.
- Small: They have the typical bonuses of a small
- Glarfs have a base land speed of 20ft and a climb speed of 20ft.
- Perfected Rest(Ex): Glarf's have the natural innate abilty to fall asleep in any terrain and feel well rested. Also the negatives of insufficient rest are lowered by one stage for glarf's to a minimum and tired. For example: If a Glarf would be exhausted, they are tired instead.
- Glarfs are proficient in speaking Hieroglarfics and can understand common.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|6 years||15 years||20 years||+25 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 5"||+1d6||190 lb.||× 4d20 lb.|
|Female||1' 6"||+1d6||170 lb.||× 3d20 lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races