Gigantes (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gigantes are simple creatures, but savage. They live in small family groups, inhabiting caves around the windswept Rahkar Plateau. They spend most of their days inebriated on their own liquors, made from lichen, and engaged in brawls. Strength is everything to the Gigantes, and they display this through constant fighting amongst themselves. On occasion a Gigantes has the ingenuity to leave home and travel, seeking new foes to crush.
Gigantes are a huge race, averaging 11 feet in height, with a hulking, musclebound physique. Their head juts forward, and carries two tusks protruding from the lower jaw, and a set of curving horns above small, piggish eyes. Their black skin has a tough, leathery feel, and is thick enough to keep out both the cold of their homeland, and minor blows. Quite often it is covered in whirling patterns, most often brown or red. They have 4 fingers and 4 toes, each ending in hard, blunt pads of cartilage. They do not cut their hair, but due to its growth rate, most Gigantes have long, shaggy hair resembling dreadlocks.
Rarely do Gigantes encounter other races, but when they do, their demonic nature and appearance does not endear them to more civilized races. However, when they are befriended, they are fierce guardians of their newfound allies.
To this day no Gigantes has been found straying from Chaotic Neutral. Theories abound that their intelligence is too low for them to do otherwise.
The Gigantes' only homeland is the barren, windswept Rahkar Plateau, but those who leave it are most comfortable in barren mountain caves that resemble their homeland.
Gigantes are not known to practice religion, instead spending their time drinking and fighting.
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -4 Intelligence, -4 Charisma: Gigantes are large and powerful, but lack the intelligence or charm of other races
- Monstrous Humanoid(Giant)
- Large: -1 penalty to Armor Class, -1 penalty on attack rolls, -4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Gigantes base land speed is 30 feet
- Darkvision 60 ft
- Gore 1d6: Gigantes can use their horns and tusks in a gore attack
- Force of Personality: Gigantes are good at intimidation, and do not suffer Charisma penalties to any Intimidate checks they make.
- Master Drinkers: Gigantes are immune to intoxication from anything less than their own Lichen Liquor
- Clumsy Fingers: Gigantes' large cartilage pads on their fingers and low intelligence prevents them from using ranged weapons.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Giant. Bonus Languages: Goblin, Dwarvish.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|65 years||100 years||140 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||10' 6"||+1d6||650 lb.||× (5d10) lb.|
|Female||10' 5"||+1d6||640 lb.||× (5d10) lb.|