Giant Domain (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
A human clad in hide armor with a battleaxe on his back stands within the cold of the north staring up at the massive frost giant before him and conversing in the ancient tongue of the giants, as he negotiates the tribute a town will give them in exchange for protection. A goliath smiles as her work takes shape beneath her hands forming a statue of a beautiful yet powerful looking stone giant. A dwarf sits on a metalic platform raised higher by a set of chains in a room filled with heat and fire as he speaks about smithing techniques with a fire giant.
Annam, Grolantor, Surtr, Thrym, Skoraeus Stonebones, Stronmaus, Memnor... These and some others are known among the Giant's to be their creators. While most mortals might not seek to worship such beings, those who do might find themselves wielding a portion of the All Father's might. Be it through a link to Annam himself, or through one of his children. In any case, those who observe the Ordning of the Giants make for excellent mediators between the Giants and mortal races.
|1st||absorb elements, Chromatic Orb|
|5th||Elemental Weapon, Fear|
|7th||Guardian of Nature, Freedom of Movement|
|9th||Geas, Skill Empowerment|
Acolyte of the Ordning
At 1st level you must choose which part of the Ordning of Giant over which you preside.
- Presiding over Storm Giants grans proficiency in either Insight or arcana, and proficiency in Martial Weapons as Stronmaus or another Storm Giant deity grants you powers of strength and foresight.
- Presiding over Cloud Giants grants proficiency in Deception or Slight of Hand, as well as one wizard cantrip of your choice as Memnor or another Cloud Giant deity grants you powers of deceit.
- Presiding over Fire Giants grants proficiency in Smithing Tools or Martial Weapons, as well as Heavy Armor and Shields, as Surtr or another Fire Giant deity grants the strength of fire and might.
- Presiding over Frost Giants grants proficiency in Athletics or Survival and Martial Weapons, as Thrym or another Frost Giant deity bestows the might of northern conqueror upon his followers.
- Presiding over Stone Giants grants proficiency in Athletics and Stonemason's Tools or Painters Tools, as Skoraeus Stonbones or another Stone Giant deity grants abilities of artistry as well as strength.
- Presiding over Hill Giants grants proficiency in Athletics or Survival and Cooking Supplies, as Grolantor grants you might and the skill to sate hunger.
Wrath of Giants
At 1st level, you can channel the power of Giants to enter a state of heightened physical power. As a bonus action, you gain 5 temporary hit points and a +1 bonus to weapon damage rolls. This benefit lasts for one minute. You can use this ability a number of times equal to your Wisdom Modifier, you regain uses of this ability after a Long Rest.
When you use this ability, you can expend a spell slot to augment its effects. You gain additional temporary hit points equal to three times the slot's level and a bonus to weapon damage rolls equal to half the slot's level (minimum 1). This benefit lasts for one minute.
Channel Divinity: Strike of the Ordning
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to channel the might of Giants.
As an action, you touch a creature or a an unattended object within reach. A creature must make a Constitution saving throw, taking 5 times your cleric level in damage depending on your Ordning affinity on a failed saving throw and half as much on a successful one. An unattended object takes 5 times your cleric level thunder damage as your invocation rings out within the object.
- Storm: Lightning Damage
- Cloud: Thunder Damage
- Fire: Fire Damage
- Frost: Cold Damage
- Stone: Bludgeoning Damage
- Hill: Bludgeoning Damage
Starting at 6th Level, your connection to the Ordning grants you a portion of the elemental resistances your giant maintains, as well as an additional effect as you grow closer to the giants whom your god protects.
- Storm: You gain resistance to Lightning damage and your weapon attacks gain a +2 to damage rolls.
- Cloud: You gain resistance to Cold damage and you gain a +2 to whichever skill proficiency you chose for your Ordning.
- Fire: You gain resistance to Fire damage and gain a +1 to your AC while wearing metal armor.
- Frost: You gain resistance to Cold damage and you gain a +2 to damage rolls.
- Stone: You gain resistance to Poison damage and you gain a +2 to attack rolls with ranged weapons.
- Hill: You gain resistance to Poison damage and you reduce damage taken from Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage by 3.
Starting at 8th level you gain the ability to infuse your abilities with the divine power of Annam's children. Once on each of your turns when you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can cause the attack to deal an extra 1d8 damage of the same type dealt by the weapon to the target. When you reach 14th level, the extra damage increases to 2d8.
Hand of Annam
Starting at 17th level, your connection to the deities of the Giant's has gained the attention of the All Father himself. You gain immunity to damage type you became resistant to as per Jotunn's Soul, as well as resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage.