Gemstar (Pathfinder Race)
From D&D Wiki
Gemstars are humanoid constructs, composed of opaque, semi-organic gemstone. Their bodies have an unusual ability to focus and amplify arcane energies when the Gemstar wills it.
Gemstars are similar in shape to a large Human - averaging about 6' 5" in height, weighing in about 220lbs and varying in a range of all colours of the rainbow. They have no hair, distinct eyes and well defined faces; A few features may be oddly coloured, making them stand out. Their bodies are seemingly machined and only flexible to the point of free movement, but otherwise rigid and tough. The skin of a Gemstar is visibly rough, with ridges noticeable along most body parts. Older Gemstars may carry cracks, pits, scars or other deformities around their whole body.
Gemstars often organise into small family units, living in sprawling urban environments, or nomadically in self-made burrows and houses. Among their own kind, Gemstars are warm, loving peoples - They value familial loyalty and honor strongly, though rarely seek to inflict revenge or suffering on others (of their own kind, at least). Still vulnerable to all the social disagreements and conflicts that arise in humanoid relations, they do their best to maintain good relations and contact with other Gemstar families.
Gemstars are not hugely known among most other races. Reluctant to offer alien races the same affections they foster with their own kind; They are seen as odd, cold machine-like peoples by those who meet them. Should one make good friends with a Gemstar, however, they can be expected as faithful, almost loving companions.
Alignment and Religion
Gemstars come in all alignments and neutralities - And consequently, most deities are worshipped by one or another of 'em. Though familial units more often avoid chaotic and/or evil tendencies, as it can strain interpersonal relations.
Gemstar adventurers are as prone to setting out into the world as any fleshy, passionate humanoid.
Gemstar Racial Traits
- +2 Intelligence, −2 Strength, −2 Dexterity: Gemstars' attunement with arcane energies can come to its mental aid in small, unnoticeable moments. The gem body of a Gemstar is brittle, tough and inflexible, restricting its movement and effective strength.
- Construct: Gemstars are, essentially, sentient gemstone humanoids.
- Medium: Gemstars are slightly larger than the average humanoid, but still medium size.
- Normal base land speed: 30 ft.
- Arcane Attunement (Su): A Gemstar can focus their arcane attunement to influence events in mysterious and minor ways. Once per day - You can gain a +1 luck bonus on any skill check, ability check, attack, combat maneuver, save or percentage roll, you may use this after you have rolled your die, but before you are told the result of your roll.
- Refractive Light (Ex): Though Gemstars are odd-looking, they have the ability to alter the way their bodies reflect light. Gemstars have a +4 racial bonus to Disguise and Stealth.
- Spell-Like Ability: 3 times a day each — Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare. Caster level is the Gemstar's character level. The save DC is Intelligence-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Gemstone.
Alternate Racial Traits
Too Fleshy: The Gemstar is unusually organic, its body is fleshy and human-like, but its attunement to arcane energies is diminished. The Gemstar has +1 Dexterity (effectively halving its original Dex penalty). This trait replaces Arcane Attunement.
Favored Class Options
- Wizard: The Gemstar may add a spell to their Spell-Like ability repertoire to cast 1/day. This spell must either be level 0 or at least 4 spell levels lower than the highest spell they know and can cast.
- Oracle: The Gemstar may add a mystery spell to their Spell-Like ability repertoire to cast 1/day. This spell must be at least 3 spell levels lower than the highest spell they know and can cast.
- Druid: The Gemstar may add a spell to their Spell-Like ability repertoire to cast 1/day. This spell must either be level 0 or at least 4 spell levels lower than the highest spell they know and can cast.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|200 years||400 years||550 years||550+2d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+2d4||180 lb.||1d10 × 5 lb.|
|Female||6' 2"||+2d4||200 lb.||1d10 × 5 lb.|