Flame Born Lamia (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Flame Born Lamias
Made for fun this race is designed to be overpowered in a normal campaign and should probably not be played in one. Minor edits may occur but for the most part this is finished.
Flame Born Lamia are curious about how they were originally created, for many of them it is their purpose in life to seek out answers. Some take up adventuring as a means to obtain more knowledge of the world in hopes to learn of their origins. Many become druids believing that nature itself has created them for a higher purpose. Some even seek out religion in hopes a deity shall shed enlightenment onto them.
Outside of their search for answers they enjoy lazing in the heat, bathing in lava, and starting fires. Though they often do not have evil intents they often cause trouble for those around them.
Looks human above the waist, snake below it they are all female. Though standing at on average 12 feet tall their total length including their tales can reach as long as 32 feet. Though a huge creature they are made entirely of flame, causing them to weight less than they appear though still being quite heavy averaging 1 and a half tons. Their hair, eyes, and scales are most commonly a shade of red, with the occasional orange or yellow, with extremely rare cases of blue, for some reason their hair, eye, and scale color all match regardless of what color they are. Their skin come in shades similar to humans, usually matching those around them.
The Flame Born Lamia have no hatred of any races, though they tend to avoid those born of water or ice. They make friends with many of the longer living races since they are most likely to know something of interest to the Flame Born Lamia.
Often neutral of some kind, but not restricted to any particular alignment.
It is possible the Flame Born Lamia are from the plane of fire, but they have no knowledge of the plane or any way of getting there. Asking anyone who has been to the Plane of Fire usually results in more confusion, as the being either does not respond or avoids answering whenever they can.
Their Religious beliefs vary based on whether they sought out a deity for answers or not, they have no restriction on deity.
They are born with their name, they know not why or how but their name just comes to them as if they are destined to have it. They for some reason cannot lie about their name, this affects the bluff skill should they try and say they are someone else.
- Racial Hit Dice: 6d8
- Racial Attack Bonus +7
- Racial Ability Score Adjustments: +14 Strength, +8 Dexterity, Constitution Maxed at 10, + 2 Intelligence, -6 Wisdom, +8 Charisma. Their body is made of flame and can be used in various ways to enhance their Strength, such as when lifting a large object having a burst of flames to move the object in the direction they want to move it. With their body being made of flames they do not have bones or other such limitations and can move their body in ways most could not, such as bending joints in the wrong direction. Being made of fire they cannot really improve their bodies constitution and all have roughly they same. As knowledge Seekers they have learned a few things, but are naive and gullible and often come up with dead ends. They are beautiful creatures, or so they believe others sometimes have disagreements about their lower half but many enjoy the view their upper half shows.
- Elemental (Fire, Lamia):
- Huge: -2 Attack and AC, +8 Special Attacks Modifier, -8 Hide, increased Reach of 10 feet, and take up 6 squares of space (total space of 30 even if they are smaller than that).
- Flame Born Lamiabase land speed is 50 feet: Climb Speed is 20 Feet. Swim Speed is 20 Feet. Flight is Clumsy at a speed of 40 Feet, their flight is extremely limited as they propel themselves using their own flame they can only go in one direction or stop themselves from falling a great distance and requires a lot of concentration any damage they receive immediately stops their control of their flight, upon their next round they can attempt to regain control with a fly check DC determined by GM based on situation.
- Darkvision 60: Can see in the dark 60 feet.
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, and stunning.
- Do not eat, sleep, or breathe.
- Flame Body (Ex): With a body made of flames they are not quite incorporeal but neither are they a solid person either. They have a natural DR 10/cold as well as a reduction to physical damage of 50%. They are empowered by Flame attacks, gaining health equal to the damage the Flame would have normally dealt, this health can exceed their max hp becoming temporary health to a maximum of 10 x their current level. They can recreate any part of their body that is detached/removed similar to regeneration, such as if you cut off their arm. Because their body is made of flames they have issues traveling in water, whenever they must they heat the water around them and it starts to boil, their body slowly shrinks while fully submerged in water until they eventually die after 2d6 hours of being submerged, upon exiting the water they spend 2d6 hours recovering their lost size and suffer minor negatives at GM discretion while recovering. Water and Ice effects are twice as effective on them and ignore their damage reduction.
- Flame Breath (Ex): Breath Attack. Can be used in either a cone or line. Cone size is equal to 15, increasing in size by 15 at level 5 and every 5 levels after (max size of 60 at level 15). Line Size is equal to 30 Increasing in size by 30 at level 5 and every 5 levels after (max size of 120 at level 15). This attack deals 3d8 Fire damage, at level 3 and every 2 levels after the damage is increased by an additional 1d8 (max 10d8 at level 15).
- Burning Touch (Ex): The touch of a Flame Born Lamia can be deadly but is not always so, they have enough control to mostly only burn the things they choose to. Whenever they touch an extremely flammable object, such as gas, oil, or hay, there is a 15% chance it will burst into flames. It can intentionally harm a creature using a Melee Touch attack for 2d6 Fire Damage at level 3 and every 2 levels after the damage is increased by an additional 1d6 (max 10d6 at level 17). During a grapple with a creature of equal or greater size, any successful grapple check the Flame Born Lamia does deals 2d6 Fire Damage at level 3 and every 2 levels after the damage is increased by an additional 1d6 (max 10d6 at level 17).
- Engulf (Ex): Against any creature smaller than the Flame Born Lamia, a successful grapple check instead engulfs the creature inside itself. The creature takes 2d6 of Fire damage per round it is inside the Flame Born Lamia and suffers 2d6 of Fire damage for each round for 1d4 rounds after it has escaped, at level 3 and every 2 levels after the damage of both effects is increased by an additional 1d6 (max 10d6 at level 17). While engulfed the creature is still considered grappled as normal. Creatures that have been engulfed must hold their breath and can suffocate. Smaller is determined by size category.
- Squeeze (Ex): A Flame Born Lamia can fit into spaces that its size normally would not fit, such as a store for humans. To do this it squeezes into the space through complex manipulation of its body, while doing so it has restrictions on its movement but can still do basic things such as speech, attacks, and casting spells. Should the space it is squeezing into be Flamable there is a 50% chance of it catching on fire from the continual exposure to the Flame Born Lamias Skin, the roll to determine if it catches on fire is done immediately and reoccurs every minute of exposure.
- Spell-Like Ability: 5/day — Fire Trap Caster level is Equal to your current level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Spell-Like Ability: 3/day — Scorching Ray Caster level is Equal to your current level. The save DC is Charisma-based
- Spell-Like Ability: 3/day — Fireball Caster level is Equal to your current level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Spell-Like Ability: 3/Day — Wall of Fire Caster level is Equal to your current level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Spell-Like Ability: 2/day — Sunburst. Caster level is Equal to your current level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day — Meteor Swarm Caster level is Equal to you current level. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Flame Born Lamia Begin speaking Common, Ignan. Bonus Languages: Flame Born Lamia have no restriction on bonus languages.
- Favored Class: Druid.
- Level Adjustment: 12
|21 years||+ 1d4||+ 2d6||+ 3d8|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|800 years||1200 years||1500 years||+ 10d20 years|
Suffers no effects of aging.
|Gender||Base Length||Length Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Female||22' 0"||+1d10 Feet If under 32 feet long roll 1d10 to determine inches||2000 lb||× 100 lb per extra foot 10 lb per extra inch|