First Angels (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Characterised by an aloofness and disdain for all but other members of their race, these beings can be found serving the greatest of Deitys and Demons though most disdain servitude all together following only their own goals and ideals. They claim to have been created before all other celestials, acting as a template upon which the 'lesser' Angels are based. They are extremely varied in ideals and opinions. The few traits they tend to share are a burning ambition and disgust for those who remain wilfully ignorant.
Generally, Angels tend to be fair-skinned, winged humanoids. They are often far taller than humans, with even the shortest being able to stare the tallest man in the eye though this height belies their incredible lightness, seeming to weigh almost nothing. Their perfectionist and elitist attitude is often reflected in their appearance, seeming to condescend those around them with their looks alone. Most races would consider them beautiful at worst and God-like at best, though this of course depends on the beholder. They have bright, plumed and often perfectly groomed white feathered wings. Chromatic differences in hair, skin and eyes are more diverse than any other race with many having such colours as blonde, pink and gold to name a few. Near-White skin, blonde hair and golden eyes are however, typical of most. First Angels are unique among their kind as there wings are of variable length, should they wish a First Angel can extend their wings to a minimum of 1.5 times the span of their arms in order to fly or can extend them to up to 4 times the span of their arms. This increases their size in all directions causing them to rest just above the ground. Though all wings are white in colour this can vary from a perfect alabaster, all the way to a dusty grey.
Lawful/Chaotic Neutral, though they have no care for the morality of good and evil most wish to enforce order upon others. Some however, simply don't care about the needs of any but themselves believing all other races to be beneath them.
There disdain for all other authority extends even to the divine, very few will even acknowledge the teachings of Deitys as anymore then lies to control the sheep who worship them. Most see themselves as equal if not superior to Gods and their servants claiming to have existed long before they drew breath.
Common, Celestial, Primordial and one bonus.
- +8 Strength, +4 Intelligence,+6 Constitution, +4 Wisdom, +10 Charisma, +8 Dexterity
- Size: Medium.
- Outsider (Extraplanar): First Angels lack a home plane, unless they've claimed one as a God or Demon prince, and so are unaffected by banish effects.
- Racial Hit Dice: An archangel begins with five levels of humanoid, which provide 5d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +5, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +4, Ref +4, and Will +4.
- Racial Skills: An archangel’s outsider levels give it skill points equal to 8 × (8 + Int modifier).
- Racial Feats: An archangel’s outsider levels give it two feats.
- First Angels base land speed is 50ft feet: 100ft fly speed (Perfect Maneuverability)
- Automatic Languages: Common, Primordial or Celestial and one other non-secret language.
- Favored Class: Psion, Wizard and Spellsword
- Vision: Dark and Low-light vision to 60ft.
- Endangered Immortals: First Angels are naturally immortal and so are immune to all forms of aging, magical and natural. They do not gain penalties but accrue bonuses naturally. They are also however, nearly completely sterile with no known record of a First Angel ever having a child. Thus, they are extremely few in number and all ancient beyond belief.
- Quintessence Affinity (Ex): When absorbing quintessence  from a slain enemy the First Angel absorbs three times the usual amount, this can never give them more than the creature had originally.
- Warp Conduit (Ex): Chaotically aligned First Angels can tap directly into the raw powers of chaos, this allows them to control and pass on the disease known as Warp Touch . On a successful touch attack the enemy immediately contracts the Warp Touch disease and must roll to resist it normally, the First Angel is also immune to Warp Touch.
- Dominate Inferiors (Sp): Lawfully aligned First Angels can use Dominate Person as a spell-like ability once per day, this acts exactly like the spell except that it cannot be cast on other First Angels.
- Winged Bulwark (Ex): By extending their wings to varying lengths a First Angel is able to use them as a shield to protect themselves. The Angels feathers are capable of arranging into a mesh, this makes them extremely hard and resistant to attacks but also stops flight. The First Angel gains a +8 misc bonus to ac while using this ability but is unable to fly.
- Control Presence (Su): By reducing there presence in the Omniverse a First Angel can directly control their weight, this allows them to weigh exactly as much as they wish though they can never weigh more than they did originally or less then 1lb. Once they change their weight, even slightly they are treated as if having no strength score for as long as they are using control presence.
- Adaptation: First Angels are perfectly capable of adapting to any natural environment, even the vacuum of space.
- Resurgence (Ex): Once First Angels served the Supreme Being directly, A First Angel can reassume a semblance of there original form, gaining incredible power while burning the source of divinity itself. To take or leave this form is a standard action, and costs 1000 quintessence for every round it is maintained. While using this ability the First Angel gains DR 50/epic and chaotic/lawful (opposed alignment) as well as SR 20 all movement speeds are tripled and all alignment damage dealt by the First Angel is doubled. Furthermore, they are now able to fly and use Winged Bulwark simultaneously, they are also able to cast any spells they know without expending one of their spells per day as well as use powers without spending power points. While in this form they appear as utter perfection to any who look at them and those with 12 HD or less are affected as if by the Charm Person spell.
- Level Adjustment: +5
- ECL: 11
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|15,000 years||75,000 years||150,000 years||+Infinity years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6'3"||+2d8||40 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||5'8"||+2d8||35 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
- The Immortals Handbook: Ascension
- Book of Vile Darkness