Fenris (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Fenris are a race of intelligent wolf-like beings that are often mistaken for ordinary wolves.
Fenris are very stoic, showing companionship rarely to those around them. They are also very stubborn and don't take any type of insult lightly. Fenris never rely on the help of others, insisting that they can do it themselves.
Fenris stand about 3 feet tall and are around 4 1/2 feet long. As they are wolf-like in appearance, they stand on four legs and weigh slightly less than an average human. All fenris have a coat of fur whose color generally reflects the type of environment they live in (bluish-white coat for a snowy climate, brown for desert climate etc).
Fenris do not care much for any race in particular, caring more to be with their pack. As far as classes go, they respect Fighters for their strength in battle, Rangers for their tracking skills, and Rogues for their ability to move silently.
Fenris are usually chaotic and tend to be good.
Fenris can live in many climates thanks to their coat of fur, and tend against being nomadic. They live in packs around 30.
Fenris do not have a set religion.
Fenris speak Fenric (verbal only, taught only to other Fenris)and Canine, though a few of them have been known to learn other languages as well including Common and Draconic.
A fenris has two names, one given to it as it is born, and another that it chooses later in life. When the fenris is born, the Pack Elders give it a name based from it's most defining physical characteristic. When the Fenris reaches adulthood, it then chooses it's own name, keeping the first as it's surname.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, -4 Charisma : Fenris are naturally athletic and prefer to sneak up on their targets rather than confronting face-to-face. Due to their resemblance to wolves, other races mostly shun Fenris.
- Physiology: -8 on any skill that requires hands or fingers; any armor, clothing, etc. must be barded to fit (barded items cost 4x normal); cannot wield or use any item that requires fingers
- Skill Affinity: +6 Listen and Survival; +4 Balance, Jump, Spot, Tumble and Swim.
- Fur: the fur of a Fenris gives him +10 to their Hide checks whenever they are in an area of close resemblance to their native lands (raised in the Tundra and Hides in the plains during winter, etc.)
- A Fenris' type is Magical Beast
- Medium Size
- Fenris base land speed is 60 feet
- A Fenris has three natural weapons, their two front paws (light 1d8 20/x2 slashing) and a bite (light 1d8 20/x2 piercing) With a successful bite, the Fenris may make a free trip attempt at a +1 check modifier as a free action.
- Natural Weapon Magic: A Fenris can absorb any magic weapon's properties and give it to one of it's natural weapons. To do so the Fenris must have the weapon in it's possession and spend 8 hourrs resting with it. Doing so shatters and destroys the weapon, but imbues the chosen natural weapon with all magical qualities of the magical weapon. These qualities cannot be split up, one weapon for one natural weapon. Artifacts and Wondrous Items cannot be absorbed.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision.
- Automatic Languages: Fenric, Canine Bonus Languages: Common, Draconiic
- Favored Class: Fighter or Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|120 years||240 years||360 years||+6d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2' 8"||+2d5||120 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||2' 4"||+2d5||100 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|