Fawn (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Fawn are a shy race, they live in packs in the woods and for the most part are afraid of civilizations outside. They are very playful and naïve. They are almost always cheerful, and extremely energetic. They are slow to trust initially, but warm up quickly. Their societies are happy and well knit, with the Males hunting and protecting the tribe and the Females caring for the young and tending the homes. But the occasional Fawn yearns to live outside of the forest, and escapes the humdrum life of their home for adventure. They are omnivorous, but prefer plants. They won't eat venison.
Fawn are centaurs, but instead of a horse-body, they have the body of a White-tailed deer. As a result, they are much shorter than their horse-cousins and are about the average height of a human. They have brown hair and a brown coat, with white markings adorning their lower-half. Fawn have two deer-ears that poke out above their hair, and can rotate them to listen for danger. On average the Females have a height of 170cm(5'5") while Males are about 180cm(5'9"). Male Fawn grow regal antlers that are grown for defence. While the Females are slimmer and smaller to hide and escape from predators.
Fawn get along well with Fey, Satyrs, and other forest creatures. They are mostly afraid of other races, because they are accidentally mistaken for deer and killed.
Neutral Good and Neutral.
Forests and Wooded areas, any area with lots of trees, and not a lot of people.
Any Nature-related Deity. If not, none at all.
- -2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, -2 Consitution. Fawn's deer halves are nimble and quick, but not very strong and tough.
- Monsterous Humanoid
- Medium: Despite them being centaurs, they are small enough to be considered Medium.
- Fawn base land speed is 50 feet: base climb speed is 10 feet: They suffer penalties climbing.
- (Ex)Sensitive Ears: Fawn gain +5 to Listen checks
- (Ex)Deer-like Agility: Fawn gain +3 to Jump when jumping over obstacles, +2 to move silently, except when on a hard surface such as wood and stone.
- Innocence: Fawn gain -2 to sense motive checks
- Quadrupedal Body: While fast, Fawn's lower halves are cumbersome at Scaling walls., and suffer -8 on climb checks on vertical surfaces.
- Sexual Dimorphism: Male Fawn have antlers, giving them a natural weapon(2d6) when Charging, as well as +2 on Intimidate checks. Female Fawn are smaller, and as such, gain +2 to Hide, Escape Artist checks, and +1 AC.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any, except Druid.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|30 years||50 years||70 years||+100 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+1d6"||180 lb.||+ (1d6)x10 lb.|
|Female||5' 2"||+1d6||130 lb.||+ (1d5)x10 lb.|