Fallen Seraphim (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Banished from the celestial planes, stripped of their immortality, these being wander the human realm in search of purpose. Coming to terms with their mortality, they are often found forming pacts with adventurers whom they find to be strong companions. They lack common sense with things such as eating and sleeping. Most die early on, starving or going mad with the concept of mortality. Few will find peace of mind and a sense of purpose. However, their love for knowledge is something they never abandon.
They retain their large angelic stature and fair skin. They have large angelic wings, but they begin to shrivel as they roam outside their plane. Despite being banished, Fallen Seraphims still retain enough Holy energy to sustain a long life.
They can be smug and often look down on the races. They make enemies of almost everyone they meet with their sour attitude. Rarely will you find a Fallen Seraphim that converses casually with the races.
They prefer anywhere with strong winds. Typically found wandering near mountains and rolling hills. Rumors spread of a strange ritual where a Fallen Seraphim will stretch out their wings and stand idle in the wind for hours before taking their own lives.
Unattached to any one God, Fallen Seraphims tend to worship any chaotic god willing to lend them power.
Retaining the knowledge of the celestial plane they automatically speak Celestial. Being wanderers by nature, they tend to pick up multiple languages int heir travels.
Any Celestial name. Most abandon their names and take up the name of anything they find calming, whether it be a location or object. They will take on the name in the language it is best remembered.
- +2 Constitution, +1 Intelligence, -1 Dexterity, -2 Charisma:
Although outcasts, they love to read.
- Outsider (Angel): Seraphim are fallen angel outsiders.
Although banished from their plane, they are still seen as outsiders and retain minimal holy energy within them.
As medium-size creatures Fallen Seraphims have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Fallen Seraphims base land speed is 20 feet: Hindered by their large wings.
- Fallen Seraphims base flight speed is 50 feet: Can fly for 10 minutes at a time.
- Banish weapon (SU): As and immediate action, banish weapon to celestial plane. Maximum of two weapons may be stored this way.
- Summon Weapon (SU): As a swift action, hold out your hand and summon banished weapon.
- Detect Evil (SP): Able to cast Detect Evil as a swift action.
- Low-Light Vision (EX): Low-Light Vision for 40 feet.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Celestial. Bonus Languages: Elven, Draconian, and Dwarven
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|250 years||300 years||400 years||+10d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 6"||+2d4||280 lb.||× (3d8) lb.|
|Female||6' 2"||+1d6||200 lb.||× (2d8) lb.|