Fallen Deity (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Deities can come and go, but their power never fully vanishes. Many become paladins who draw upon their former power to grant them a small fraction of their former glory.
Fallen Deities are driven by the very principles that they sought from their followers, whatever that may be for them. Though they can never reclaim their full power, they are attempting to get as close as they can.
- Tenets of the Fallen Deity
Personal Growth. A Fallen deities main goal is to grow stronger and become respected and/or feared, depending on alignment. Their previous paladins' tenets apply to them as well
Divine Demands. You WILL get what you crave. Your growth, power, and fame is your final goal, and no price is too steep.
Restore Divinity. You know deep down you won't ever become a deity again, but that won't stop you from trying.
- Oath Spells
You gain oath spells at the paladin levels listed.
|3rd||bless, wrathful smite|
|5th||zone of truth, lesser restoration|
|9th||remove curse, revivify|
|13th||banishment, aura of purity|
|17th||geas, holy weapon|
- Channel Divinity
When you take this oath at 3rd level, you gain the following two Channel Divinity options.
- Divine Presence. You can use your Channel Divinity to command respect. Choose a number of creatures up to your Charisma Modifier within 30 ft. The must make a Wisdom save against your spell DC. On a fail they become frightened of you. On the end of their turns they may attempt the save again. Any creature that succeeds is immune to the effects for 24 hours.
- Deific Smite. You can use your Channel Divinity to smite those who stand before you. When you deal damage with your Divine Smite, you may deal that damage to up to 3 creatures within 5 ft of the target.
- Deific Smite
At 7th level, Choose acid, cold, fire, lightning, necrotic, poison, psychic, radiant, or thunder. Your Divine Smite deals this damage type. Additionally, Whenever you deal damage with Divine Smite, the target takes 1d6 damage of that type at the start of each of their turns for 3 rounds.
Starting at 18th level this damage increases to 1d10.
- Cleansing Aura
At 15th level, Your power can not be resisted. You ignore any resistances or immunities to damage.
- Form of the Deity
At 20th level you've regained much of your previous power. You gain the following benefits:
- You are permanently under the effect of Protection from Good and Evil.
- At the start of your turn, creatures you choose within 5 ft of you take 1d8 damage of the type chosen by your Deific Smite.
- When you kill a creature roll 1d10+ Con Modifier. Gain that many temporary hit points.