Fairy-touched (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The mystery and excitement of the fey world will sometimes lead to the result of a rare and unusual union between a Pixie & a human. "Fairy-Touched" is a nickname given to those who were born from such a union. In every recorded instance, the mother was the pixie, and the father a human. (how this was made possible has yet to be recorded)
Fairy-touched inherit the personalities of both their pixie blood, and their human blood. One could say that some of the personalities are a perfect match for each other, but they do have more control over their emotions compared to their fey cousins. Fairy-touched are very adventurous & curious just like their fey parents, and the human blood in them either enhances this trait or diminishes it depending on the human parent.
Fairy-Touched are smaller than the human parents and vary between 2 to 4 feet tall. They look like tiny humans with small wings on their back. Fairy-Touched are small, and weigh about 35 pounds. They have fair skin, blue or teal hair and its wings are translucent. The brilliance of the wings depends on the pixie parents appearance.
Fairy-Touched are usually welcomed by pixie communities, it is rare to see them in normal society because of normal human disposition to pixies. They are usually judged on the same basis as pixies themselves. Many elves look down on Fairy-Touched as monsters.
The alignment of a Fairy-touched depends on its parents. (find the alignment in-between the parents.
Fairy-Touched tend to inhabit the deep sylvan area of their pixie parents.
Fairy-Touched have no set religion. Those that do choose deities, tend to follow the gods of their parents.
Sylvan and Common. Many also know Elven, Gnome, and Halfling.
Usually Sylvan in nature.
- -2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, +3 Charisma
- A Fairy-Touched gains +1 natural armor.
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, and lifting/carrying limits 3/4 those of Medium characters..
- Base land speed is 30 feet and its fly speed is 60 feet (good).
- Low-light vision.
- Skills: Pixies have a +4 racial bonus on Listen, Move Silently, Search, and Spot checks.
- Racial Feats: A Fairy-touched receives one extra bonus feat at level 1.
- 2 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point every other additional level.
- Shrink: Can shrink one item to be 1/10 of the original size and weight. The item picked to shrink must be touched, not being held by any creature. Item retains all its properties besides size and weight.
- Craft Special Arrows: A Fairy-touched can craft pixie memory loss arrows as though meeting all of the prerequisites. These are arrows that deal no damage but can erase memory.
Memory Loss: An opponent struck by this arrow must succeed on a DC 15 Will save or lose all memory. The save DC is Charisma-based and includes a +2 racial bonus. The subject retains skills, languages, and class abilities but forgets everything else until he or she receives a heal spell or memory restoration with limited wish, wish, or miracle.
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day- dancing lights, ghost sound, entangle, dispel magic, confusion, permanent image.
- Natural Invisibility(Su): A fairy-touched remains invisible even when it attacks. This ability is constant, but can be suppressed or resumed as a free action.
- Spell resistance equal to 16.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer, Rouge, Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +2