Fae Arcanite (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
|“||“Three things come not back: the spoken word, the sped arrow, and the neglected opportunity.”||”|
|—- Moira, the Fae Arcanite|
The Fae who combines deadly precision with devastating magic.
Base Attack Bonus: +5
Spells: Ability to cast 1st-level Arcane spells.
|Special||Spells per Day/Spells Known|
|1st||+0||+0||+0||+2||Imbue Bow, Enchant Quiver||-|
|2nd||+1||+0||+0||+3||Enchant Bow||+1 existing arcane spellcasting class|
|3rd||+2||+1||+1||+3||Enchant Quiver, Long Shot||-|
|4th||+3||+1||+1||+4||Enchant Bow||+1 existing arcane spellcasting class|
|5th||+3||+1||+1||+4||Improved Rapid Shot||+1 existing arcane spellcasting class|
|6th||+4||+2||+2||+5||Enchant Bow||+1 existing arcane spellcasting class|
|7th||+5||+2||+2||+5||Enchant Quiver, Piercing Shot||+1 existing arcane spellcasting class|
|8th||+6||+2||+2||+6||Enchant Bow||+1 existing arcane spellcasting class|
|9th||+6||+3||+3||+6||Enchant Quiver||+1 existing arcane spellcasting class|
|10th||+7||+3||+3||+7||Enchant Bow , Thundering Magic||+1 existing arcane spellcasting class|
|Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level)|
Craft (Int), Hide (Dex). Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), and Use Rope (Dex).
All the following are class features of the Fae Arcanite:
Spellcasting: Except at level 1 and 3, at each level you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in a spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one arcane spellcasting class before becoming a Fae Arcanite, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.
Imbue Bow: (Su) At level 1, the Fae Arcanite gains the ability to place an area spell upon a ranged projectile. It takes a standard action to cast the spell and loose the arrow. The arrow must be loosed in the round the spell is cast, or the spell is wasted. When the arrow is loosed, the spell’s area is centered on where the arrow lands, even if the spell could normally be centered only on the caster. This ability allows the Fae Arcanite to use the bow’s range rather than the spell’s range.
Enchant Quiver: (Su) At level 1, 3, 7, and 9, the Fae Arcanite learns a new enchantment for her quiver. Only one quiver enchantment can be active at a time. The enchantment can be changed as a swift action once per round.
- Acid: Each arrow deals additional 1d6 acid damage. Acid: Each arrow deals additional 1d6 acid damage. If the target is wearing metal armor and is successfully damaged by this arrow, the target's armor takes 5 points of acid damage that ignores hardness. Magical armor gets a saving throw of DC 15 + 1/2 class level. If the metal armor is reduced to 0 hit points, then it disintegrates. Against ferrous creatures, this deals an additional 2d6 damage.
- Fire: Each arrow deals additional 1d6 fire damage. The target is set ablaze, dealing 1d6 fire damage per round for a duration of 1 round/5 caster levels. The ablaze affect does not stack, but the duration can be renewed.
- Ice: Each arrow deals additional 1d6 cold damage. Any creature struck by an ice arrow has their movement speed halved for 2 rounds, the duration of the slow is not cumulative, but the duration can be renewed by being struck again. In addition, they must make a Fortitude save DC 10 + Fae Arcanite level or take 2 Dexterity damage. If the creature has made successful save, he is immune to further dexterity damage for 24 hours.
- Lightning: Each arrow deals additional 1d6 electricity damage. All enemies within a 20ft radius of the original target take 1d6 electricity damage.
Enchant Bow (Su): At level 2 and every other level afterwards, the Fae Arcanite's ranged weapons take on additional magical properties. Each enchantment effect may be chosen more than once. These enchantments apply their effects to all ranged weapons she uses.
- Enhanced Attack: Your ranged weapons gain a +1 bonus to damage. These bonuses stack (Max +5).
- Huge Bow: Your projectiles enlarge in size, arrows become ballista bolts, sling bullets become boulders. The damage for your ranged weapons increase by one step, as if the size of the weapon had increased by one category: 1d2, 1d3, 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 1d10, 2d6, 2d8, 3d6, 5d4, 4d6. This enchantment's bonuses only stack twice.
Long Shot: (Ex) At level 3, double the range increments on your ranged weapons.
Improved Rapid Shot: (Ex) At level 5, you take half the penalty when you use the Rapid Shot feat. At level 10, there is no penalty.
Piercing Shot: (Ex) At level 7, Your projectiles are so sharp that they travel through all creatures in its path and continue past until hitting an inanimate object such as a wall, rock, door, floor etc... Your attacks with ranged projectiles are treated as line effects, use one attack roll against each creature's Armor Class. Apply all damage and affects to each creature struck. Any spells attached to this arrow can be activated at any point in the projectile's journey.
Thundering Magic: (Su) At level 10, half of all magic damage dealt by attacks and spells is sonic damage.