Esquirels (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
All esquirels seem to have their own mental quirks, but quirkiness is universal among them. Whether stricken by paranoid fear or possessed of unending personal energy, esquirels cannot simply remain boring and normal.
Esquirels range from between 3'6" and 4'6" tall, with thin to moderate builds hidden deceptively under huge bushy amounts of fur, which give them a chubby appearance. Fur color varies as much as a traditional squirrels, and eye colors come in all sorts of hues. They tend to be lightweight to better go with their slight swift statue.
Esquirels generally make their homes in forests, with their own tree communities. While curious and often getting in the way of something, they are not inherently malicious. Often they cut good deals with elves and other forest dwellers. Esquirels found outside the forest are undoubtedly adventurers, whose curiosity and wanderlust have exceeded their tendency to fear.
Usually chaotic, their odd natures do not lend well to lawful stances.
Religious worship tends to be forests on nature spirits, but as with the adventuresome sort, there are constantly exceptions.
Common and Sylvan.
Names are acquired in the manner of other races, though it's been said they favor names which sound like 'chittering noises'. This is most obvious in their last names.
- −2 Strength, +2 Dexterity: Esquirels are not very strong but are constantly on the move.
- Humanoid: They descend from a species of squirrel, but otherwise possess human traits.
- Small: As a Small creature, a esquirels gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Esquirels base land speed is 30 ft.: Esquirels also possess a climb speed of 30 ft. and may take 10 on any Climb checks, even in battle.
- +8 racial bonus to Climb checks.
- +2 racial bonus to Listen, Spot, and Jump checks.
- -2 racial penalty to saves against fear. While curious, they have a natural tendancy to run when surprised.
- Low-Light Vision: A esquirels can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Skittish (Ex): +1 Dodge bonus per size catagory vs Medium and larger (Medium +1, Large +2, Huge +3, Gargantuan +4, Cossosal +5)
- Automatic Languages: Common and Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Halfling.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 6"||+2d6||40 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||3' 2"||+2d6||35 lb.||× (1) lb.|