Erradiagos (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Erradiagos are an introverted race. They tend to themselves first, their environments second, their communities third, and anyone else at a reluctant fourth. Since caves offer little in the way of proper sustenance for adults, Erradiagos have formed friendships with nearby aquan or terran creatures who are gracious enough to share provisions or hunting grounds. Erradaigos are tentative by nature to things that are not afraid of them initially. They're great record keepers and have made extensive lists of creatures that should be fought, hunted, befriended, or avoided. They are constantly watching their surroundings and are ready to react at a moment's notice. When threatened, an Erradiago will tactically retreat until it can either escape or take its pursuer by surprise. Make no mistake, these beasts are not to be trifled with. Their natural seclusive habits are not displays of cowardice. Erradiagos now have the knowledge to survive against virtually any foe.
The beasts are fearsome in appearance. They stand between 5 and 7 feet tall once they achieve adulthood. Their heads are flat, almond-shaped forms with a split down the middle; the bottom part of which is the multi-rowed mouth. Erradiago bodies are thin and lanky, but covered in 3-5 inch thick chitin, though the resistance this gives is the same regardless of amount. The chitin is dark and glossy, resembling water in the dark. Their arms and legs are similar to that of lizardfolk with four clawed toes and six-fingered hands tipped sharp chitin. Erradiagos have two tails, each 2-3 feet in length. They connect before attaching to the body. Their eyes are the Erradiagos' best asset. There are six of them. The two main eyes are front-most on either side of the mouth and are similar to a humans. The second pair are small dots above the main set and are used to provide low-light vision. The last set are slits near the edge of their faces that are extensively sensitive. They rest under a thicker lining of chitin than their other eyes as these give darkvision in color. These eyes send "light" beams that only these eyes can detect. This type of ability is what leads many to believe that Erradiagos are related to Fiends or another Abyssal creature.
An Erradiago will be tentatively cautious of everyone/ thing it doesn't know or can't recall a positive record of. If the other person/ people are slow and patient with the Erradiago, then they will quickly accept them. The cave beasts are 80% comfortable with sentient water/ cave/ mountain dwellers their people have had positive dealings with in the past. Those they call "field dwellers" (elves, humans, etc.) are almost always fearful of their appearance, making relations difficult.
They feel most comfortable in dark caves that they have mentally mapped. Otherwise, any area they can run freely in many directions, sections of advanced darkness, or any place their cohorts have convinced them is safe or manageable.
The Erradiagos follow no god or belief system.
Until the inclusion of Common, Aquan, and Terran languages, Erradiagos spoke in an exclusive language of growls, clicks, and other sounds only another Erradiago could understand. Some historians theorize that they developed that language after being around other spoken languages, albeit apart from the cultures they resided in. Before the Erradii, as the clicking is unofficially known as, the beasts communicated by flashing messages via their tertiary eyes. This has yet to be confirmed or denied.
Erradiagos are named at birth, but they have no surnames. Since the adoption of Common, Aquan, and Terran languages, these names are a mix of Elven and Dwarven syllables. They're also unisex.
Examples: Borrzt, Magat, Ellspon, Gurul, Hirria
- + 2 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, −2 Wisdom, −4 Charisma. Erradiagos are reactionary and rely on their natural abilities and experience to escape and fend of attackers. Their hideous appearance makes members of other races shy away from them or immediately treat them as hostile.
- Humanoid (Reptilian): While Erradiagos seem fiendish, their complexion and biology is of reptilian origin.
- Medium: Erradiagos gain no bonuses or penalties from their size.
- Erradiagos base land speed is 40 feet. Climb speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- Racial Hit Dice: Erradiago begin with two levels of humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +0, Ref +3, and Will +0.
- Racial Skills: Erradiagos' humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 2 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Balance, Hide, and Intimidate. Erradiago have a +3 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, Hide, and Search checks.
- Racial Feats: Erradiagos' humanoid levels give it one feat.
- Blackvision (Ex): Darkvision up to 80 feet in color. Any light source that gives any illumination within 40 feet of the Erradiago will cause him or her to be blinded for 2d4 hours. Blackvision can only be used if the Erradiagos opens their tertiary eyes by closing their primary and secondary eyes as an action.
- Tactical Fear (Ex): Erradiagos have +5 to saving throws to resist fear. They also cannot become panicked, but will remain frightened until convinced the danger is over. This is done by another character making a successful diplomacy or bluff roll, DC 10 + 1/2 Erragio's level. Running while frightened is not random. Anytime it would become panicked, it becomes frightened instead.
- Streamlined (Ex): Erradiagos has a +5 racial bonus to Swim, Balance, Climb, and Jump checks due to its aerodynamic exoskeleton.
- +4 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: Claws 2d4, Tail(s): Single 1d4, Double 3d4, -4 penalty to attack roll.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Aquan, Terran. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Fighter, Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||60 years||80 years||+3d12 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 6"||+3d12||120 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 3"||+3d12||105 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|