Elves, Song (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Song Elves are strongly tied with music, and can soothe people with their singing.
Song Elves tend to be kind and happy, and very mischievous. They take enjoyment in playing practical jokes, goofing off, and flirting with those they have no business flirting with.
Song Elves tend to be short, with most standing around 5'2" and topping off at 5'4". They tend to be slight and slim, with ears a little longer and more pointed than most elves. Their eyes come in a variety of colors from brown to violet, and hair varying in shades of brown, with reddish, blackish, and yellowish hues. They typically weigh around 100 lbs. with males and females being of approximately equal stand.
Song Elves, in essence, are just large gnomes. They're fun, funny, and fun-loving. Therefore, they tend to get along nicely with most other civilized surface races.
Most Song Elves are Chaotic Good - well-meaning, but by no means play by the rules. However, entire societies of Song Elves are often Neutral Good, as while they do not demand law and order, they do recognize the drawbacks of anarchy.
Song Elves are a scattered race, and can be found anywhere a song can be written. Natural travelers, these elves don't remain in one place very long, and often set off to explore new realms, tell stories, and spread good cheer.
Most Song Elves follow the path of Fharlaghn, though they do hold Corellon in high regard.
Song Elves speak the Elven tongue, though they do tend to mix in vocabulary of other languages as well, as long as it sounds nice.
Song Elves follow the naming conventions of High Elves, though the names tend to be more lyric-focused.
- +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Song Elves are fast and charismatic though not as tough as other races also less attuned to the subtle things in life
- Type: Medium Humanoid (Elf)
- Song Elf's base land speed is 30 feet
- Light Weapon Mastery: Gain Weapon Finesse and Two-Weapon Fighting at first level.
- Performer: Gain +2 on all Perform checks
- Enchanting Song: Once per encounter, for a number of rounds equel to their Cha socre, Song Elves can sing in order to create an effect similar to the spell Hypnotic Pattern, excpet it is solely sound-based.
- Sonic Vulnerability: Due to their sensitive ears, Song Elves suffer 150% damage from sonic attacks, and, whenever they suffer sonic damage, become dazed for 1 round.
- Immunity to sleep spells and effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects. (Not reflected in the saving throw modifiers given here.)
- Low-Light Vision: Can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Elves are automatically proficient with the longsword, rapier, longbow, composite longbow, shortbow, and composite shortbow.
- +4 racial bonus on Listen checks, +2 racial bonus on Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it
- Favored Class: Bard
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Gnome, Halfling, Sylvan, and Undercommon
- LA: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|400 years||580 years||660 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 3"||+1d2 inc||125 lb.||× 1d8 lb.|
|Female||5' 2"||+ 1d2||125 lb.||× 1d6 lb.|