Elves, Shadow (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Shadow Elves are very timid and shy towards outsiders; they often seek refuge in the shadows to avoid talking to them. However, as timid and shy as they are, when they place their trust in others, they will become relatively talkative. Naturally, not all Shadow Elves are this way. Some can be exceptionally reluctant to place their trust in outsiders. It's not uncommon for a Shadow Elf to withhold information about themselves, places, such as their home, or anything they find interesting to outsiders.
Shadow Elves are built much like a High Elves and share many features. The main differences being their Purple/blackish skin, their dim, cyan, eyes, and their blonde hair. However, there are a handful of shadow elves that possess darker hair.
Shadow Elves don't have stellar relations with other races. Although many outsiders visit them with peaceful intentions, that is not always the case. Numerous Shadow Elf cities have been pillaged, and razed, with denizens of the city becoming slaves and trophies.
Shadow Elves tend to align themselves with the chaotic side of the spectrum. Due to their history, they prefer not to follow the rules set down by other races. They typically hold grudges against rules, and laws, and strive to follow their own codes.
Like many of their kind, Shadow Elves prefer to live in forests where they can live up to their full potential as elves, while maintaining their own Elven lineage. They cannot, however, afford to establish large cities due to avidly hostile outsiders. They no longer have a capital to call their own. Instead, they live in communities, colonies, and small villages hidden from the world's ever prying eyes.
Shadow Elves follow one religion, the primary Elven deity Corellon Larethian, as their ancestry began with him, but there are various communities and colonies that follow other deities like the Elven Shadow's God Endymion. They are extremely wary of outsiders that follow deities that differ from their own.
Shadow Elves are fluent in Common, Elven, and Spirit tongue, as they have the most need of these languages. Although they tend to stick to these, they will learn any language that piques their interest.
Shadow Elves have a rather unique naming convention as compared to other races. They have a wide mixture of names because they tend to meld human and Elven names together to create fascinating, and previously unheard of names.
- -4 Strength, +5 Charisma, +9 Dexterity. Shadow Elves aren't very physically strong, but they use their dashingly good looks to their advantage to gather any information to help them. They are also highly dexterous with their hands. Additionally, they have higher health then most elves, as they have adapted to the ways have been treated.
- Fast Healing: The Shadow Elf gains fast healing equal to HD/3 (minimum +1, round down). This only applies while in a shadowy areas.
- Humanoid (Augmented,Elf) Shadow elves are augmented on a mental level due to their past, and are able to overcome most problems that concern them.
- Medium: Shadow Elves do not gain a AC bonus due to their size.
- Shadow Elf base land speed is 40 feet. Their swim speed is 30 feet.
- Hunters of the shadow (Su): When there are natural shadows or it's night, they gain +4 to stealth, move silently, gain a sneak attack with a weapon of your choice, and catch their target by surprise so the enemy is considered flat-footed.
- Light Sensitivity (Ex): A shadow elf is rather sensitive to bright light. It takes a -2 penalty to its Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution while in light conditions that are brighter than shadowy.
- Master bow user (Ex): Shadow Elves gain +2 to hit and damage rolls when using a bow, and they gain the ability to fire a secondary arrow with poison, or an element of their choice, but the arrow must be handled first.
- Elf Traits (Ex): A Shadow Elf gains Immunity to Magic sleep effect, a +2 racial saving throws against enchantment spells or effects, and a +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. They also have Low-Light vision, Darkvision, and gain weapon proficiency for Longbow (composite longbow) and Shortbow (composite shortbow).
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Spirit tongue. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, Sylvan, and any class specific language, but Most will be of that Class.
- Favored Class: Rogue
- LA: +7
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 5”||+2d6||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|