Earth Ponies (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Earth Ponies are a down-to-Earth, honest species, known for a skill with working the earth and their connection to the fey. They get along well with almost everyone, but are often easily fooled and lacking in intelligence.
The average Earth Pony is the same height as a Gnome, but can grow to the height of a dwarf, or even be as small as a pig. Their coats range from the bright to the murky, as do their manes and eye colours, and they have been hunted in the past for these exotic furs.
Earth Ponies get on well with Dwarves, Gnomes and Humans, thanks to their natural strength, and usually get along with the other pony races. They always clash with local predator species, however, and have been known to begin large local coitus parties with wolves and bears to protect their crops, livestock, and sometimes just the herbivorous wildlife.
Earth Ponies do not tend towards any special alignment.
Earth Ponies live best in temperate grassy lands, but given sufficient supplies can adapt to anything.
Earth Ponies have no personal gods, however like all ponies they worship the alicorn princesses, Celestia of the sun and Luna of the moon.
Earth Ponies speak common and elven, and learn other languages as they see fit, but in a very crude manner. When speaking any language other than common or elven, they tend to speak slowly and in an almost childlike manner. Be sure to inform them of this, as they strive to be perfect.
When they are young, an Earth Pony acquires a name based on their families trade and knowledges. However, usually around the age of six, an Earth Pony gains a mark on their flank, said to represent their special talent. The young pony then chooses their adult name based on this mark, sometimes leading to some rather embarrassing names for the colts...
- +4 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom: While both tough and hard hitting, their lack of fingers or similar limbs has left Earth Ponies with less was to keep and aquire knowledge than their more magical kin.
- Magical Beast: Even though they have no special powers, Earth Ponies are most certainly magical.
- Small: Earth Ponies get + 4 on hide checks and a +2 AC bonus.
- An Earth Ponies base land speed is 60ft feet: However they suffer no movement penalties from armour.
- Way of the Earth: Earth Ponies gain a +2 on any Knowledge Nature, Profession Farmer or Profession Miner rolls.
- No Hands: -4 on any check involving fine manipulation, such as picking locks.
- Stuck in It: An Earth pony must succeed on a Dexterity roll of DC 18 when attempting to take off armour on their own.
- Hard Kick: An Earth Ponies hooves deal 3d6 Bashing Damage if they kick with them, and deal criticals on a 19-20.
- Automatic Languages: Common and elven. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Any.
|13 years||+ 2d4||+ 3d6||+ 4d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||50 years||70 years||+2d4 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 3"||+3d8||65 lb.||× 4d4 lb.|
|Female||3'||+3d6||55 lb.||× 3d4 lb.|