Dwarves, Golden (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Note where different from standard Dwarves
Dwarves of all eight clans, migrating north, were once enslaved by powerful Giant-Deity Ymir, Overlord of Nordheim. After Ymir's death by hand of Odin, they were freed and delved the realm of Nidavellir, building the great city of Dvergargard, taking profit of the great amount of gems, metal and stone.
They wear beards and moustaches as well as tresses and ponytails. They have mostly blonde or red hair and grey or blue eyes, whereas grey dwarves have grey or black hair and dark eyes.
Duergars hate Kobolds and Dark Elves. They mistrust Deities, Giants, Trolls and Light Elves. They protect Gnomes and they trade with Humans.
Duergar follow an Ancestor religion, similar to Shinto, they worship also the Blacksmith, a mythical figure of creator. Some Gray Dwarves worship Loki.
Dwarven, but since the language is secret, they always use Nordic with foreigners.
- Dwarven Names are never given. They use Æskmann names, followed by "son/daughter of" and the name of the clan or of the guild (if applicable). Complete names quote also the grandfather and the grandgrandfather, at least, even if they could as well quote the entire genealogy.
- Stiffbeards and Blacklocks Clans are for Gray Dwarves.
- Military and Religious ranks, as well as nobility titles are always introduced to the name.
- Male Names: Alvis, Aslak, Bjorn, Bond, Carr, Dag, Esbern, Gunnar, Geir, Herrick, Ivor, Leif, Magne, Oddvar, Olaf, Regin, Sigurd, Stig, Sven, Tarn, Tor, Yngvar, Hrolf, Thorstein, Eirik, Ragnar, Invar, Thorvald, Bjarni;
- Female Names: Astrid, Brenda, Dagmar, Eir, Gerda, Gunnhild, Helga, Hjordis, Idona, Inga, Norna, Ragnhild, Runa, Sigrid, Thora, Unni, Valda, Gudrun, Aud, Hallgerd, Hallgrim, Svanhild, Thorgerd;
- Clan Names: Longbeards, Firebeards, Broadbeams, Oakenshields, Ironfists, Stonefoots, Stiffbeards, Blacklocks;
- Guild Names: Arcanesmiths, Loresmiths, Warsmiths, Jewelsmiths, Metalsmiths, Stonesmiths, Woodsmiths, Tradesmiths, Servicesmith;
Racial Traits (Golden Dwarves)
- +10 Constitution, +6 Strength, +4 Intelligence, Wisdom +4 Charisma -4
- Humanoid (Dwarf, Nordheim)
- Medium: As Medium creatures, dwarves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Dwarf base land speed is 20 feet. However, dwarves can move at this speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load (unlike other creatures, whose speed is reduced in such situations).
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- +2 racial bonus on saves against poison, spells and spell-like effects.
- Stability: Dwarves are exceptionally stable on their feet. A dwarf receives a +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- Master Smith: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Items and Forge Ring are bonus feats.
- Stonecunning: This ability grants a dwarf a +2 racial bonus on Search checks to notice unusual stonework, such as sliding walls, stonework, traps, new construction (even when built to match the old), unsafe stone surfaces, shaky stone ceilings, and the like. Something that isn’t stone but that is disguised as stone also counts as unusual stonework. A dwarf who merely comes within 10 feet of unusual stonework can make a Search check as if he were actively searching, and a dwarf can use the Search skill to find stonework traps as a rogue can. A dwarf can also intuit depth, sensing his approximate depth underground as naturally as a human can sense which way is up. Dwarves have a sixth sense about stonework, an innate ability that they get plenty of opportunity to practice and hone in their underground homes.
- Spell-Like Abilities: 1/year Bestow Curse, at will Alternate Form into a single Small Animal.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls against orcs and goblinoids.
- +4 dodge bonus to Armor Class against creatures of the giant type (such as ogres, trolls, and hill giants).
- Dwarves have a +8 racial bonus on Appraise and Craft checks and a +4 racial bonus on Use Magic Device checks that are related to stone or metal.
- Automatic Languages: Dwarven, Nordic. Bonus Languages: Giant, Troll, Kobold, High Elven.
- Favored Class: Smith, Fighter.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|